TM Transducer Mount

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FerrisBueller

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am looking to install my transducer to my bow mount TM so that I can have the depth up where I am fishing rather than the back of the boat. I have a PD V2 and am wondering what you guys think is the best way to mount it, or if there is a "best" way to mount is so that the wires arent all over the place. Is it worth the effort or should I just get an extension for the transducer cable and mount it to the transom?

There may be a slot running down the shaft that you can put the wire down. Having it on the tm is the only way to go while fishing.

For now I have installed it on the back of the boat on the transom as I am going fishing this weekend up north and I am still unsure on how to mount it to the TM. With the PowerDrives it seems difficult to find a good way to install it on the TM. It seems it would take some ingenuity and time to get it mounted right and negating the risk of damaging the cable. Anyone else have this issue?

Although I understand the desire to have the depth up front where you are fishing rather than 16' back, the hassle doesnt seem to outweigh the reward. I primarily fish for esox so I am casting off the boat 100' anyways and usually try to work the contours and I am wondering if it would be much of a difference in the end.

Also with it mounted up front I found that the TM would not be so easily removed via the mounting plate currently installed so that takes away the purpose essentially. And further justification is that with the TM on the cover wouldnt fit the boat (not a fancy cover, just a cookie cutter cover from Fleet Farm)

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=320961#p320961 said:
FerrisBueller » Yesterday, 16:48[/url]"]For now I have installed it on the back of the boat on the transom as I am going fishing this weekend up north and I am still unsure on how to mount it to the TM. With the PowerDrives it seems difficult to find a good way to install it on the TM. It seems it would take some ingenuity and time to get it mounted right and negating the risk of damaging the cable. Anyone else have this issue?

I uninstalled one on the boat I bought last fall because it was an old 24v motor. The person who mounted it used a large worm clamp to attach the transducer mount to the motor. The sending wire was securely taped to the motor shaft with a loop allowing the 359 degrees of travel.

Here are instructions on how to mount it to a Terrova. They deploy the same way. I don't know if this will help or not. https://www.crappie.com/crappie/fishing-electronics-photography/118059-terrova-sonar-transducer-mount.html

Latest posts