Tracker 1542 "Crappie Daze" updated April 10 carpet / paint

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DarkstarCrashes said:
What kind of rivets did you re-rivet the hull with? I'd like to take out the stock livewell but all I know about is pop-style rivets. I'm apprehensive popping holes in my new boat.

I bought my solid rivets from my boat dealer (of course they got them from the factory). Solid rivets are really the way to go and very easy to install. All you have to have is a hammer and a sledge hammer or something solid and semi-heavy to back them up with when you are striking them. Some guys make a punch to round over the side that you push through and hammer - that's what I plan to d0 - but it doesn't affect the function - just appearance. I think I saw someone's mod on here that had a few home-made tools for solid rivets - might try to find it if you are interested.

Just remember the rivets holding the live well in are not structural at all so you don't have to do anything fancy.
Scott

Well worked on some more decking issue's and started carpeting today and installed the hatches. Here is a pic will post more tomorrow after a good days work on it. Need to carpet the inside lower portion and I'm also going to carpet around the upper inside lip just to finish it off nice. I think its looking ok for my first time ever trying this...
Scott

DSCN0115.jpg

Still need to finish some carpet around inside rail and front of back deck but here are some pics I had fun with the paint today..LOL

DSCN0117.jpg

DSCN0119.jpg

DSCN0121.jpg

DSCN0123.jpg

DSCN0124.jpg

DSCN0125.jpg

DSCN0127.jpg

DSCN0126.jpg

DSCN0129.jpg

Nice paint! Looks familiar :mrgreen:

The loomis stencil is a nice touch 8)

Well I should throw a quick update out there. I have everything completely wired Batteries, On-board Charger, Lights, Bilge, Live Well pump, and Fish Finder. I took her out fishing for around 3 hours yesterday with out a hitch. Stable as can be and the weight didn't even bother the stability. Sits nice in the water and runs out like a champ with my 20hp Yamaha on the back. This week I'm going to be installing the bow mount trolling motor and I picked up a electric boat anchor winch at Gander Mountain as they are on sale for 99.00 They didn't have the small one so they gave me the same price on the 35 pound model, that was a score! Anyway I'll post some more pics this weekend after that stuff is mounted on. Take care!
Scott

Latest posts