Tracker 1542

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bryanleavens

Reaction score
Hello ; I would like to put a casting deck on the front but wonder us it will affect the " tipiness " of the boat , from what I have seen on the pics , it could be either level with front and middle bench or level with middle bench then a little lower at the front bench ! Any suggestions ? Not 100% at this mod stuff ! Lol just learning !! Thanks [-o<

I have a 16/44 and I have a deck level with the center seat and I think it is just fine. Take the boat to the water and walk around standing on the seat. That will tell you just how stable the boat will be. Good luck.

I have a 1542, and I tried to get my front deck up as high as possible. Dont really have a "tipping" affect. With the outboard, battery and gas tank and livewell in the back of the boat it evens out just fine. Here is my build: https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22621

Thanks Chrispy ; just looked at your build , very nice , with the deck the size of yours and its fine as far as balance , I'm not worries about it at all now ! Did the wood framing add much weight to the project ?

I have the 1542 tracker also. I put a deck up front and in the back you will have no problems with it. It is pretty **** stable.

bryanleavens said:
Thanks Chrispy ; just looked at your build , very nice , with the deck the size of yours and its fine as far as balance , I'm not worries about it at all now ! Did the wood framing add much weight to the project ?
It added some weight, but not as much as you would think. I wanted to use the smallest wood I could get away with, but I also wanted to make sure it was sturdy and would hold. Its not so much the framing that ads the weight, but the deck itself. This is the second boat I have built on a budget, thats why I chose wood. Next time, if there is one, Im going all aluminum.

like crispy said, the deck itself is what adds the most weight.. the stronger and more "efficient" your supports are the thinner Ply you can get away with. compared to plywood 2x2's and 2x3s weight practically nothing.

Good luck on the build. post pictures, ive been contemplating buying a new 1542 for my next build. they look like a great deal for the money

Latest posts