Tracker TX-17 Operation

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rsw

Reaction score
Hello All, I'm new to the site but have enjoyed using it for reference in the past. I just bought 91 Tracker TX-17 with a Evenrude 60 HP. I have owned several I/O's in the past and this is my first bass style boat with a outboard motor. My question is what is the correct way to trim the boat while under way. I have been told to start out with the the motor all the way down then trim it up after plane until the steering becomes easier. Is this the correct method or can someone explain another proven method. I fish on a fairly large lake here in S.C. and there is a lot of traffic with larger boats with big wakes. My concern is that I do not want to to put excess stress on the motor. I am not concerned with speed as much as I am with control and safety. Any help here will be much appreciated.

That boat with a 60hp should snap right up on plane, but correct procedure is to start with trim fully down and trim up as the bow comes down. Continue to trim up until either the prop starts to cavitate (rpm will suddenly climb) or the steering starts to get loose. Then trim back down a little. Happy boating.

Latest posts