Trailer width question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillC

Reaction score
I ordered a Lowe 1648M Aura it comes with a LoadRite 16F1200WT trailer. The boat bottom width is 48 inches the trailer between the wheel wells is 49 inches. Most of the small lakes I fish have no maintenance dirt ramps. Hard to launch. I’m guessing that the trailer will be set up with the boat higher than the wheel wells. I’d like to keep the boat as low as possible. Do you think the trailer will work or should I upgrade to a wider trailer.Will it be worth the extra money?I plan on putting guide bunks on the trailer.

I ordered a Lowe 1648M Aura it comes with a LoadRite 16F1200WT trailer. The boat bottom width is 48 inches the trailer between the wheel wells is 49 inches. Most of the small lakes I fish have no maintenance dirt ramps. Hard to launch. I’m guessing that the trailer will be set up with the boat higher than the wheel wells. I’d like to keep the boat as low as possible. Do you think the trailer will work or should I upgrade to a wider trailer.Will it be worth the extra money?I plan on putting guide bunks on the trailer.

I have a similar situation with my current boat. It sits right above the fender height. I added wheel spacers to get a little more clearance. Knowing what I know now, even using side bunks, I wish I would have opted for a wider trailer. Just my two cents.

Thank you I currently have a heavy 15 foot vee that’s too much work for an old man to load back up in shallow water.Want to keep the boat as low as I can.

I launch in river systems quite often and the water gets low in summer and fall. Having the boat as low as possible on the trailer makes launch/retrieval a lot easier and keep from having to back in so far. Might be cheaper to swap wider axles on to current trailer and put new fenders on then look for a new trailer.

Latest posts