transducer location in Coleman Crawdad

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbw

Reaction score
I'm wondering if on my Coleman Crawdad I could mount a transducer on the floor of the boat and let it shoot through the hull since its plastic? Any thoughts or has anyone attempted this?

Will the floor of the Crawdad be submerged (in contact with the water)? I'm thinking it works on the thick-skinned bottom of the fiberglass rigs. Just a thought, but not sure about it working if your Crawdad hull bottom is not in the water.

on a crawdad the bottom of the boat flexes quite a bit, so you have to be sure that you have good contact withe the hull to get a good signal

Wayne

I mounted one on my kayak internally. Get a section of big PVC that the transducer will fit inside, you only need a piece about 2" tall. Sand the the edge so it will be flush to the bottom and Marine Goop it to the bottom. Then fill the PVC with Vaseline and sink your transducer inside it, you can cap it off with duct tape or find a more attractive top.

Latest posts