Transducer on a transom mount trolling motor?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tnriverluver

Reaction score
Anyone done this with a bow mounted transom mount motor. Did you just leave the wire loose between the head and motor?

I would use some wire ties to make it neater and hopefully keep the wire from getting caught on something and ripping/breaking the wire(s) during use or when in transit.

TNtroller said:
I would use some wire ties to make it neater and hopefully keep the wire from getting caught on something and ripping/breaking the wire(s) during use or when in transit.

Ditto

nlester said:
TNtroller said:

Ditto
You cannot do that on a transom mount trolling motor hence the reason for the question. Can only tie at the very top and the very bottom so the shaft can slide up thru the ring for stowage.

zip tie the wire up about a foot up from the transducer, turn the head(handle) around and ur in good shape. buddy did it with his endura 40 transom mount motor on his bow. that way you can still raise it up and down(the shaft)....

shawnfish said:
zip tie the wire up about a foot up from the transducer, turn the head(handle) around and ur in good shape. buddy did it with his endura 40 transom mount motor on his bow. that way you can still raise it up and down(the shaft)....
Endura 40 is what I have also. Been using this bow mounted for two years but have been using a Hummingbird 110 fishing buddy sonar. Putting a Lowrance Elite 4 up front now!

tnriverluver said:
shawnfish said:
Endura 40 is what I have also. Been using this bow mounted for two years but have been using a Hummingbird 110 fishing buddy sonar. Putting a Lowrance Elite 4 up front now!

you can use a hose clamp to mount the ducer to the motor!

I already have the mount made specific to the Lowrance transducer for trolling motor mounting, but thanks! 40 year bass fisherman here and have always run finders on bow mount trolling motors. Just never tried putting one on a transon mount style before.

Finally got around to mounting the DSI depth finder on the boat. It should work fine the way I have it mounted on the motor. Biggest problem is I use to swap this motor back and forth between this boat and my 8 ft Basshunter. Now this is pretty much a permanent mount so I just had to buy another motor for the Basshunter. :cry:

1bbd3c16-c53d-4e80-998c-a4d669699157_zps5d549ad2.jpg

I was just contemplating how I was going to run my wiring since I have pretty much the same set-up.

I was wondering if I could drill a small hole in the bottom part of the trolling motor shaft and another towards the top and run my transducer wire though. This way there would be no zip ties. However, I would know how that would it would actually work and how I would seal the whole at the bottom.

Anyone seen this idea done before???

maldo said:
I was just contemplating how I was going to run my wiring since I have pretty much the same set-up.

I was wondering if I could drill a small hole in the bottom part of the trolling motor shaft and another towards the top and run my transducer wire though. This way there would be no zip ties. However, I would know how that would it would actually work and how I would seal the whole at the bottom.

Anyone seen this idea done before???
My setup above is working fine so far but you have to be kinda careful when raising or lowering to motor that the wire doesn't get caught in the motor bracket. Once down it works just as well as if on a bow mount motor. I just tied mine at the bottom of the shaft and at the top on the shaft just above the adjustment clamp and the control head. Your idea sounds like a great idea if the shaft will not let water enter the motor. I have never taken one of these newer motors apart so I have no idea. After just watching a video on another post your idea will not work. The wires running into the motor have a large hole to go through!!!!

Latest posts