transom

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

berger

Reaction score
ok i was wondering whats the best way/design to make the transom stronger the wood is fine. i will be getting a motor before the summer and i want to make the transom stronger. is there any special ways

no i dont but i can tell you its a 1436 alumaweld boat about a 80"s model the only thing wrong with the transom is when i tighting down a motor that i had borrowed a couple of times i was pinching the wood pretty hard and kinda crushing it it. i guy was telling to get some aluminum and go from the top of the transom down to the bottom about a half inch up from the bottom but i dont know how wide the support would need to be say if the top of the transom is 54 inches does the aluminum support need to be the whole length or what

Having a sheet of 3/16 aluminum bent in a U-shape, to fit over the transom, made almost as wide as the transom, will beef it up a good bit. To supplement that further, you could have some vertical stringers that tied this plate to the floor of the hull.

PSG-1 said:
Having a sheet of 3/16 aluminum bent in a U-shape, to fit over the transom, made almost as wide as the transom, will beef it up a good bit. To supplement that further, you could have some vertical stringers that tied this plate to the floor of the hull.

+1 that your best bet