Transom

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vader809

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
I am new to the site( may have posted this earlier?)Has any one changed the height of the transom on their boat? I have a 20" transom and my Trolling Motor is too short to turn 360.Or will I be better off to get a longer shaft motor?

I'd be fabbing a custom bracket, posthaste . . . or depending on the motor, you may be able to lengthen the shaft.
Saw one of these little guys in action this week at an electric-only lake, mounted to an outboard cavitation plate.

Attachments

• OutboardTrollingMotor.jpg
    OutboardTrollingMotor.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 338
I agree with all of the above statements. Leave the 20" transom alone, you will regret it if you lower it. Electric trolling motors aren't that expensive unless you have an ipilot. I like the idea of the one that mounts to the cavitaion plate.

Thanks,I can get by for now, added a piece of wood and TM blades clear the transom.At least until I can get a 42" TM.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=329760#p329760 said:
Vader809 » Today, 18:30[/url]"]Thanks,I can get by for now, added a piece of wood and TM blades clear the transom.At least until I can get a 42" TM.
And another happy customer!