CMC 35 install ?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with LDUBS, you should take it off and fix ASAP. The longer it sits, the more issues it may have.

Use a drill or dremel and dimple the back of the brackets where the bolt heads are, if the material is not too thin. Otherwise, a Starboard spacer might be a good solution, just make sure to cut it cleanly so that it doesn't crack over time.

Starboard is tough and won't compress. It is NOT soft. But I personally prefer the high density materials like cutting board stock. Less likely to crack, compared to starboard, but they are a pain to seal, because not a lot of stuff will stick permanently to them. So your starboard may be the best solution.

You won't be compressing starboard. It would work fine for a spacer. I would make sure the 1/2 starboard is the same size or bigger than the CMC transom rails.

Oops - I was typing while @thill was posting.

I'll make a base plate spacer and then put channels where the screws are to help with a little bit of draining behind the plate.

I'll make a base plate spacer and then put channels where the screws are to help with a little bit of draining behind the plate.
This is much better.

Y'all aren't good for my paranoia.

Thank you.

Attachments

• PXL_20240718_235750847.jpg
    PXL_20240718_235750847.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 1
  • PXL_20240718_235815887.jpg
    PXL_20240718_235815887.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 2