trolling motor mount

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonmac

Reaction score
Does anybody have a good way to mount a transom mount on the bow of a boat? I already have the trolling motor I just can't seem to find a good way to mount it.
I have looked at the ones from Cabela's and Bass pro but the reviews aren't to promising.

So just wondered what everyone does.

The boat is a G3 1544 flat bottom.
Thanks for any and all ideas.

Jon

I fabricated my mount with aluminum angle and four peices of half inch ply laminated together. Measures about 6X6" and in bracketed and reinforced with 1X1/8" aluminum angle. I will post pictures when I can figure out how to do it from a phone.

Also you have to flip the head of the motor if you haven't yet to make it work on the front. If you haven't already done it its a peice of cake just take out the bolt and flip it around.

Here what I did with my boat. It already had a mount for a bot mounted trolling motor. I just glued & screwed two pieces of 2x4, covered with carpet and used lag bolts to bolt it to the bow mount. It was mounted to the left but I moved it closer to center.

I know I've seen those mounts on the internet somewhere.

IMG_24321.jpg

Thanks for the ideas. I am going to try to get one built if it ever stops raining.

I've got the same boat you do and you can see the mount I bought at Madisonville Marine in Vonore, Tennessee in the Jon and V Boat Conversions and Modifications section of this forum. It's shown as "Weekend Boat Mods" on 2/21/10. It's an aluminum mount and I've been extremely pleased with it. Not being at all handy with tools, I decided to buy a mount rather than try to build it myself.

Correction on the above post. Madisonville Marine is located in, get this, Madisonville, Tennessee. Now where's that coffee?

Latest posts