Trolling motor upgrade

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found that the biggest reason blue tooth things to drop out is when another device that was previously paired with the dropped out device attempts to pair with it again.

My PC's, 2 phones, and tablet need to have BT turned off / disabled when another is paired to my speakers, then my speakers never drop out.

Obviously proximity (lack of it) can also cause dropouts, and interference from other nearby BT stuff. Unless you're fishing seldom used / fished spots dropout may be a fact of life.

On a boat, NMEA is for sure a better solution if your stuff supports it.

Black Hawk said:
The good thing about down riggers is they sing while they work. :D

That wire hum can get pretty irritating if you let it get to you. For mine it only happens at a couple different depths/speeds. Sometimes if I let the retriever collar ride along right at water level the hum will go away. People claim replacing the SS wire with braid eliminates the hum, but I've never tried it.

Or, you might be talking about the positive charge that some guys send down the wire. I figure my boat has so much positive energy with me on board it doesn't need any more. :LOL2: :LOL2:

Black Hawk said:
I like the hum, it means I'm on the water fishing. :mrgreen:

Agreed, I don't mind it at all. The fish might, since I'm a terrible fisherman but what do I care. Sometimes even a blind squirrel finds an acorn!

The positive ion control thing.. my buddy is big into it, he has one of those black boxes that fixes that. I think it's a little over the top but who knows.