Voyager 16ft jon boat mod, here we go right now! *New Pics

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't been on here in a while, thought I would post a couple progress pics. Took a pic of the back of my switch panel because I know some guys like to see it and visualize how they would do theirs. Also added a fish rod holders and a net for storage.

Attachments

• 20130425_235813_resized_1.jpg
    20130425_235813_resized_1.jpg
    853.2 KB · Views: 711
  • 20130425_235826_resized.jpg
    20130425_235826_resized.jpg
    834.1 KB · Views: 711
  • 20130429_164319_resized.jpg
    20130429_164319_resized.jpg
    814 KB · Views: 711
I want to add some fishing rod holders to my boat and was thinking of using the same ones you have used. However, the reviews on that item at Bass Pro site were not good and mentioned that the rod fall out of the holding slots while traveling. What has been your experience with them and do your recommend them?

how long did this project take you and i am looking to do this to my 14 foot by 4 foot wide jon boat and was wondering if you had any tips or tricks. Was this off any plans or did you just wing it the whole time. Also do you think this is even a good idea to do this on a 14 foot jon boat.

Thanks,

Bradley

Stevecris said:
I want to add some fishing rod holders to my boat and was thinking of using the same ones you have used. However, the reviews on that item at Bass Pro site were not good and mentioned that the rod fall out of the holding slots while traveling. What has been your experience with them and do your recommend them?

I can see how some people experienced that. However, I don't have to trailer my boat very far to the lake and the boat ride isn't too far to my fishing spots so I haven't experienced that. Also, the water isn't very rough either.

They work for me but I can see that they are not super tight or sturdy for rough riding, either while being trailered or on the water. I might add some more screws to keep the rubber more secure. Hope this helps.

bradleyfisherman said:
how long did this project take you and i am looking to do this to my 14 foot by 4 foot wide jon boat and was wondering if you had any tips or tricks. Was this off any plans or did you just wing it the whole time. Also do you think this is even a good idea to do this on a 14 foot jon boat.

Thanks,

Bradley

I think it is worth it. I have had it out for fishing and with the family on it. Night and day experience. I used pretty high quality materials on my build. Took me about a month and a half. Taking my time along and way and working around weather. Didn't go off a plan, just winged it along the way.
-use alum for framing
-I would probably use a different primer next time, don't think this adhered properly. I would just use the Parker Duck boat paint primer.

It's easier to answer specific questions if you have them...hope this helps.