walleye fishing help

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OhioStateBuckeye

Reaction score
Soooo im definately not use to using leaders and i bout these metal or steel leaders whatever they are lol that have blades and a swivel hook and weight attached how the heck do i use these? im a noob to this stuff!

Ive never fished for walleyes but my guess would be tie your line to the swivel and put a minnow on the hook, if its more complicated than that I can not help

lol i wish it were that easy.

its a steel line with two blades on it with two loops one on the end of each side of it. Then an egg weight. with a swivel hook in the center

Throw it away...

Tie a #4 aberdeen directly to your 6lb line, place a split shot about 18" up, put a minnow or crwaler on the aberdeen, cast toward the shore, let it sink, jig it back slowly. The hardest part is knowing when you get a hit from a walleye - more often than not, all your feel is a small "tap-tap" - Set the hook NOW!

Unless your fishing in Lake Erie? Than the Errie-Dearie or any other spinner type method designed for lake great lakes walleyes. Also, any long minnow-type lure (Rapala, etc) works well for eyes.

The lake i use is an Inland lake, the biggest lake other than erie in ohio, its up to 65 feet deep and i was wanting to do some trolling for it and someone suggested leaders and i have NO knowledge of leaders!

Thanks for your response!

I never have used leaders... If I'm trolling deap water (or shallow for that matter), I always just tie the lure directly to the line - no leader, no swivel, etc.

That's just just me though, I'm sure there are many who'll respond who do use leaders.