What "BAIT" if any, do you wish you had, but don't?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fender66

Reaction score
I'm proof positive that fishing "BAIT" catches more fishermen than fish!......I look at websites and drool. Think it might be an addiction. :mrgreen: However, I've learned that I can't have everything.

Tell me what bait/lure you wish you could have, but for some reason (which you can share if you want) don't have. Pictures (or links to them) are considered an added bonus.

I'll go first:

I like swimbaits, and have seen some good and bad ones. However....when they swim well....they can be really impressive. I am however, SHOCKED at the price of some. How wealthy do you have to be to fish with a JSJ Snack Size Bluegills - $79.99 and not be worried about losing it? This is just one example of many.

Note: This isn't meant to be a "review" thread, but more of a "wish list" thread....and try to list only one bait because we all could easily make a long list.

Attachments

• JSJSSB-BTD-1.jpg
    JSJSSB-BTD-1.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 1,786
I'm with you on the swimbaits. I love them and think they are really cool, but know I would be depressed for a week if I lost a $20 bait, much less that $80 one you posted.

My sickness may be worse. I like worms, spinnerbaits and jigs which covers about 99% of my fishing. I own enough of those three to stock a small bait shop, but does that stop me from buying more and more and more.... of course not :)

I'm a lot like poolie in that I have most of the gear I'd want to use, but it doesn't stop me from buying more and more.....I'd really like to have at least a bag every senko that Yamamoto puts out.

I would like the lure that the boat next to me is pulling fish in left and right and we are not even getting a bite. :LOL2:

Mine would be the "Million Dollar Lure" made by macdaddysjewelry.com/ Their website seems to be down right now, but ESPN has a write up on it https://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/fishing/news/story?page=f_fea_Million-Dollar_Lure_L.Burkhead

I need just about everything. I went through a ton of stuff this year without replacing most of it [-X I would love a swim bait. I don't/never have owned one. I just can't justify spending that much money on something that I WILL eventually lose

I would like to find another "Dalton Special". This is a lure from the early 60's that was a floater and came from someplace in Florida as best I recall. Great fish catcher......I am down to only one and it looks like it could use a new coat of paint.

Here ya go
Dalton Special
https://compare.ebay.com/search/dalton+special?rvr_id=162545053999&crlp=1811846703_304542_304572&UA=WXF%3F&GUID=caad03bd12b0a06c1b73b503ffd447df&agid=799070043&tm_kw=dalton+special&siteid=0&MT_ID=70&tt_encode=raw&keyword=dalton+special&geo_id=1&gclid=CMGDn5SbhaUCFYpa2god01dyPg&ff4=304542_304572

cool prop
https://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-SOUTH-BEND-NIP-DIDDEE-FISHING-LURE-/270573743131?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3eff73ac1b&x=40&y=9

You guys think you have it bad - HA! Not only do I need every type of FW bass bait I also NEED mahi/ tuna / Wahoo / Marlin trolling lures and Striper baits for all sorts of different locations.

The LM Bass stuff is cheap compared to speader bars and surf plugs

DONATIONS GLADLY ACCEPTED!

Captain Ahab said:
You guys think you have it bad - HA! Not only do I need every type of FW bass bait I also NEED mahi/ tuna / Wahoo / Marlin trolling lures and Striper baits for all sorts of different locations.

are you sure you want to get into a who has more contest???

2 109lb thrust trolling motors
1 82 lb thrust trolling motor
5 spare props for the trolling motors
4 ss props for the gas motor-

I just found a new still in the plastis loomis imx spinning rod that i ddnt know I had

should I go on??

redbug said:
Captain Ahab said:

are you sure you want to get into a who has more contest???

2 109lb thrust trolling motors
1 82 lb thrust trolling motor
5 spare props for the trolling motors
4 ss props for the gas motor-

I just found a new still in the plastis loomis imx spinning rod that i ddnt know I had

should I go on??

Not a who has more - but who needs more

Redbug you bet anyone I know or have even heard of!

Let me know when you get a 26' Mako W/ TWINS :mrgreen:

I need more chartreuse Sparkle Beetles.

i would like to have a complete stock of crank baits in all catergory's

other than that i only have one that i throw maybe once a year, for some reason its the worst bait i get fooled on :oops: