What did you get for Christmas?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad you folks all had a safe and happy one.Things are a little tight around here, wifey got herself a bottle of some fancy kinda liquer, I got me a couple boxes of cigars. Had a nice quiet dinner, watched a movie.

Hoss.....In all honesty, I think your Christmas was more along the lines of what I wish mine was like. Simple, quiet and with the ones that you love. Although mine was great, and I spent it with the ones I love, it wasn't simple. In fact, it was complicated and expensive. For years, I've wished to remove both of those factors from Christmas and enjoy it in a simple manner like it started. I still hope your Christmas day was great.

I received a Carmen FM transmitter radio and a used Remington Nylon 66 .22 caliber rifle. The rifle was made in 1963 which is two years before I was born. Cool rifle although I have not shot it as of yet. I have cleaned it up a bit. It had been stored in a closet for probably the last 30 years. Can't wait to shoot it.

Got Gift cards from Besty buy for $250 from boss, Menards for $100, Kodak mini-hd video camera...pretty cool it can be but under water up to like 9 feet deep.

I was not really thinking I would get anything.... considering I'll be picking up my gift from gary's guns in the next couple weeks..(Glock 26 9mm w/crimson lasergrip and pinky extension) :mrgreen:

fender66 said:
Hoss.....In all honesty, I think your Christmas was more along the lines of what I wish mine was like. Simple, quiet and with the ones that you love. Although mine was great, and I spent it with the ones I love, it wasn't simple. In fact, it was complicated and expensive. For years, I've wished to remove both of those factors from Christmas and enjoy it in a simple manner like it started. I still hope your Christmas day was great.

Fender66 We've been doing it since 2007, and for some of those exact reasons you speak of, the one that sucked the most is how it got way out of hand for us from other family, we always had to plan others time than our own with our two kids, we looked up and noticed we never had a Christmas with each other at our house, so if ya choose to do it, it will pee off people (friends and family) that don't understand :roll:

Well Santa was gooood!!

Got several of these 4 to be exact:

Oct312011001.jpg

Also got a nice bass pro back pack tackle bag:

Oct302011030.jpg

My daughter got one as well. She sure loves to fish.. hers is pink though:

Oct302011025.jpg

Also got a new gps for the truck to replace the old one that has finally kicked the bucket from the heat lol. Didn't get a picture of it though.

This was the first year that none of the adults in the family exchanged gifts. Financially, many of us are just trying to make ends meet, and we all agreed that it would be best to remove the financial pressure of it. By not buying for any of the grown folk, it allowed us all to spend a little bit more on all of the kids in our families, and they got loaded up! It made for one of the best Christmas Days in a long time. Don't get me wrong, I'm a little jealous of you folks who stocked up on some fishing stuff :D , but having all the attention on the kids was better than any wrapped gift I ever received.

Brine said:
This was the first year that none of the adults in the family exchanged gifts. Financially, many of us are just trying to make ends meet, and we all agreed that it would be best to remove the financial pressure of it. By not buying for any of the grown folk, it allowed us all to spend a little bit more on all of the kids in our families, and they got loaded up! It made for one of the best Christmas Days in a long time. Don't get me wrong, I'm a little jealous of you folks who stocked up on some fishing stuff :D , but having all the attention on the kids was better than any wrapped gift I ever received.

We have done nearly the same thing... The wife and I still do a little for each other, but for the rest of the family we all buy just for the kids. My gift cards come mostly from the kids I teach and coach.

alumacraftjoe said:
Brine said:
This was the first year that none of the adults in the family exchanged gifts. Financially, many of us are just trying to make ends meet, and we all agreed that it would be best to remove the financial pressure of it. By not buying for any of the grown folk, it allowed us all to spend a little bit more on all of the kids in our families, and they got loaded up! It made for one of the bests Christmas Days in a long time. Don't get me wrong, I'm a little jealous of you folks who stocked up on some fishing stuff :D , but having all the attention on the kids was better than any wrapped gift I ever received.

We have done nearly the same thing... The wife and I still do a little for each other, but for the rest of the family we all buy just for the kids. My gift cards come mostly from the kids I teach and coach.

We do pretty much the same thing also. My wife and I get one thing for each other (we chose our own gift this year), and we quit buying for all of our brothers/sisters awhile back (my wife has 6 brothers!), and now only buy 1 thing for our kids, something for our mothers, and the rest is geared towards the grandkids, but is limited and not overboard (we have 9 grandkids :shock: ).

The two previous years we didn't buy for the adults.

This year we bought for everyone. We, and especially my wife did a GREAT job of shopping and finding GREAT deals. Some online but mostly just sales shopping.

We got a $50 coupon when we bought a Wii for the boys, at a discounted price. We won $150 of gift cards at the wife's christmas party for work, and that combined with the good sales, and great budget shopping the wife did we did OK.

I got a roll away Craftsman tool box, and a book about boat rigging, and best of all a coffe mug that has a insert inside of it that my two older boys colored for me.

The wife got a new dining room table and chair set and some misc woman stuff from me and the boys. Bath stuff and perfume etc. She wanted the table/chairs the most though. So she got em.

Three years ago this christmas she got an engagement ring for christmas. :D

Hey Fender66, I think you'll like that fish cleaning board better if you take the big spring clip off it....When I used that kind I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to use it successfully.......I took it off and it worked great......now if you need any help cleaning those fish,,,,CALL ME, I'M FREETOFISH.

I did better than expected.

The wife got me a new tackle box as big as my ice chest, a sling shot, and a trap shooting vest.
My sons gave me a new shaving mug and razor.
Dad surprised me with a new TC Triumph muzzle loader!
Mom gave me a lithium screwdriver.

More importantly all the children in my family had an awesome Christmas.

Not sure if I should post this here or in Photos & Cameras, but one of my best gifts was the 4gb eye-fi card. This SD card automatically sends pictures straight to my computer about 5 seconds after I take it through Wi-Fi!!!! This thing is gonna be invaluable when it comes time for bait photos.

BassAddict said:
Not sure if I should post this here or in Photos & Cameras, but one of my best gifts was the 4gb eye-fi card. This SD card automatically sends pictures straight to my computer about 5 seconds after I take it through Wi-Fi!!!! This thing is gonna be invaluable when it comes time for bait photos.

I've heard of those cards, but haven't read much on them. What's the closest you have to be to send the shots via Wi-Fi?

Waterwings said:
BassAddict said:

I've heard of those cards, but haven't read much on them. What's the closest you have to be to send the shots via Wi-Fi?

Just close enough to pickup a wireless signal from your router i guess, it even uploaded a photo I took yesterday when the router was off as soon as I turned the camera and router on today!! If your interested here is the link https://www.walmart.com/ip/Eye-Fi-Connect-X2-Card/14271719 I just wish mom would of let me open it earlier so I had it to use for Christmas day

Best gift was a scale for the fish. I guess everyone got tired of me bragging them up to 7 (or was it 8?) pounds. :D
Got a toothbrush from the wife. hmmmm :mrgreen:

A 42" Vizio from the parents. My awesome girlfriend got me a 154 piece Craftsman tool set and a Case pocketknife. I got a rolling cart to put my rods on, holds up to 12, it also holds up to 12 bass pro 370 boxes, from my sister and brother-in-law. I also got a book called 1,001 Songs to Hear Before You Die, and 10,001 Songs to Download. Pretty good Christmas all around.

I got a vey nice humidor and sampler pack of cigars. I also got a couple of BPS gift cards. It was a great Christmas and I am lucky to have a great family to spend it with.

We also attended a beautiful Christmas Eve service at a historic local church to remind us of the real reason for our celebration.