What did you get for Christmas?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BassAddict said:
Not sure if I should post this here or in Photos & Cameras, but one of my best gifts was the 4gb eye-fi card. This SD card automatically sends pictures straight to my computer about 5 seconds after I take it through Wi-Fi!!!! This thing is gonna be invaluable when it comes time for bait photos.

I got one of those for the wife! I have not hooked it up yet.

Brine said:
This was the first year that none of the adults in the family exchanged gifts. Financially, many of us are just trying to make ends meet, and we all agreed that it would be best to remove the financial pressure of it. By not buying for any of the grown folk, it allowed us all to spend a little bit more on all of the kids in our families, and they got loaded up! It made for one of the best Christmas Days in a long time. Don't get me wrong, I'm a little jealous of you folks who stocked up on some fishing stuff :D , but having all the attention on the kids was better than any wrapped gift I ever received.

I'm right there with ya Brine. About five or six years ago my wife and I quit buying gifts for each other and instead take the money we would spend and go to one of the local churches that put together programs to make sure that foster and under privilege children in the area have presents under the tree for Christmas.

As a child, Christmas was always such a magical time for me and it saddens me to know that there are kids that would wake up to nothing so we try to take care of as many as we can. As an adult, the time spent over Christmas with family is the best gift ever.

... and besides, I'm the only one that knows what fishing equipment I want anyway. Time to start looking for year end sales.

For me,Christmas is not about me. It's about the grandkids.I got a few things,like a bag of socks,a new tape measure,a bottle of Bailey's Irish cream.But all that pales in comparison to the gifts I love the most; fishing towels from the three grandkids in elementary school.Every year they have an art project where they make a handprint,then turn it into a picture of something.Then it is transferred onto a magnet for the fridge and a towel.I get the towels for Christmas.It's the best present to receive,for me.
Here are the pics.The two kindergartners made clownfish out of their's,and the first grader did a monkey(since I call him a little monkey all the time).I'll have these with me in the boat always.
108_0389.JPG

Kinda tight here too

I got 2 gifts....

I got to give my lady a nice heart shaped necklace with red stones (not real)....
I got to give my aunt a box of her favorite candy...

I can't complain....

Outdoorsman.

Christmas is the only time we buy want items for us and the kids. The rest of the year is need items.

I got a mess of fishing stuff.
Hat, tackle boxes, lures, jigs, winch, fishing pole stand (holds 26), Frogg Toggs, and a few other things.

I'm still at the age where I get a gift from my parents...they gave me $200 towards a trip to florida we are taking in June.

In my family we do a gift exchange between all the kids, including my two nephews. My nephew had my name and gave me a $25 gift card to Dicks and a 2pound container of cheese puffs!

My girlfriends family does the same thing, a gift exchange between all the kids. My girlfriends brother-in-law gave me a $30 gift card to Cabela's.

My Girlfriends parents must like me :D. The got me a camo under armor hoodie and a new leather camo wallet.

My girlfriend and I decided to take it easy this year and only spend $100 on each other because we are going to try to take a trip to Mexico this year and wanted to save some money. She got me a bottle of cologne (i think she is telling me I stink :)), 2 new polos, a nice fleece jacket, a spot light, and a neat old mt. dew bottle (I love Mt. Dew!!!).

freetofish said:
Hey Fender66, I think you'll like that fish cleaning board better if you take the big spring clip off it....When I used that kind I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to use it successfully.......I took it off and it worked great......now if you need any help cleaning those fish,,,,CALL ME, I'M FREETOFISH.

When Im cleaning Crappie or Bluegill, I put the fishes head in the clip. Itll hold the fish securely and keep your fingers away from the blade and the slippery fish. Seems to be easier to get nice fillets when the fish is secure. Thats the only way Ive found the clip to be useful.

well, I haven't got all of the Christmas receiving out of the way yet.. but I got my favorite gifts - GIFT CARDS and CASH!

I still had to fork out a little $$, but so far I have ordered:

Carrot Stix Wild Micro rod - https://www.basspro.com/Element-21-Carrot-Stix-Wild-Micro-Trigger-Rods/product/10209423/-1749722

Kistler Helium LTA (2011 model.. I'll be one of the first to get it off their production line in early Jan) from my sponsor

2 - Optima D31M Blue Top batteries. I actually got these from AdvanceAuto.com... they had a 20% discount on everything purchased online and free shipping on the day after Christmas. So I saved $100 total on price with the 2 batteries

Lowrance HDS 7... ok, that was an early gift to myself for working so hard :mrgreen: ...

Tons of Sworming Hornet Fish Head Spins - https://www.basspro.com/Sworming-Hornet-Freshwater-Fish-Head-Spin-Jigs/product/90789/-1320986

Custom Bass Tackle Hair Jigs - https://www.custombasstackle.com/hairjigs.htm

For the fishing/boating side:

-875 CCA Marine Battery
-Diehard Charger for the battery
-Battery Box for the boat
-emergency telescoping paddle
-watertight box to store cell and stuff
new Quantum Rod

Other stuff:

-A Barnes and Noble Nook for reading
-A Carhartt Sierra Sherpa lined jacket
-An Ultra-Gauge for the truck<<<<---CHECK THIS OUT: https://www.ultra-gauge.com
-12pc. Standard Craftsman tool set
-10pc Metric Gearwrench set
-socks
-pjs
-hoodies
-Timberland hiking boots

as you can see, Santa treated me REAL well this year. i love my family.

yes very accurate. the only thing is its vehicle dependent. depends on what sensors your vehicle has. My ranger has 38 of the 74 gauges. i dont have any fuel sensors (just a float) so i have to calibrate it for fuel mileage. but i love that it tells me my engine temp, intake temp, etc and rps (even though i have a tach). its also the cheapest code reader you can buy.

2010-12-25102200.jpg

where i mounted it. i still need to run the wire behind my a pillar plastic. it hooks up to the OBDII port.

2010-12-28125458.jpg

Just bought my Christmas present to me. Picked up a Shimano Curado 50E reel that I've been wanting. This is the smallest of the Curado line and is geared towards lighter lines for finesse fishing. Friday will be my last fishing opportunity for the year 8) so hope I have it by then.

My very own beer brewing kit!! Let the games begin and the winter blues be forgotten.

I got some really nice gifts, but the best one was a Humminbird 798ci SI!!

Attachments

• t322_f0625ca4029758e13a870b46bd5e79c8.jpg
    t322_f0625ca4029758e13a870b46bd5e79c8.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 309
Cashed in a BassPro gift card I got for Christmas and picked up one of these yesterday. I plan to use it for Salmon/Steelhead.

Attachments

• s7_120439_999_01.jpg
    s7_120439_999_01.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 294
BaitCaster said:
I got some really nice gifts, but the best one was a Humminbird 798ci SI!!

Was this a surprise or something you picked out and knew about?

Looks like a really nice unit!!

nsew45 said:
i got a Humminbird 570. I already have a DeLorme PN-60w SE with SPOT so all I needed was depth/fishfinder.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Can you tell I'm GREEN with envy?

Bought myself this for birthday/Christmas
30sui2o.jpg

The girlfriend got me the Drake Blind bag with the built in light, a North Face Hoody, and an Under Armour thermal.

My parents got me a Mr. Buddy heater, a survival book, BP gift card, some other small things, and some cash to pay for some of my Macbook Pro I had to buy to replace my dodgy Macbook before I lost my Adobe suite.