What kind of Bow are you shooting?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both of my bows are for fish. I have a browning barracuda compound that is short and quick with 0 let off. I have a pse kingfisher recurve that I never shoot. It's too heavy and long on the boat or wading.

I am looking into some wood recurves for both fish and small game hunting, as well as target shooting this winter though.

Just came from the archery shop and got to shoot a PSE X-Force. That bow was very nice! 8)

The only thing I did not like about it was........................The price tag. So it went back on the shelf.

Jeez, I had a bunch, but the last ones I shot for target and hunting were PSE's.
One was a NOVA, which I sent back for some mechanical work and when it came back it was a brand new bow, cables, limb's etc. Boy did that thing become a smooth shooting bow after the factory re-did it.

I really haven't tried these new weird looking bow's, but I liked my PSE's so well I don't know if I'd ever like anything else.

08 Bear Archery Truth 2
G5 Optix XR sight
G5 Expert II Rest
Custom made Posten stabalizer
Custom Strings and Cables

Easton Full Metal Jacket 400's
Grim Reaper Razor Tip 125 gr

Attachments

• DSCF0558.jpg
    DSCF0558.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 402
  • DSCF0556.jpg
    DSCF0556.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 402
  • DSCF0555.jpg
    DSCF0555.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 402
  • DSCF0552.jpg
    DSCF0552.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 402
  • DSCF0551.jpg
    DSCF0551.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 402
well just to give my two cents worth in....i went small....easier to handle in a tree....this ole boy is only 24" from pulley to pulley....

Hickory Creek
HD/DL24

I tried one of those short, hi-performance bows at a 20 yard indoor shoot. Barebow, fingers, I just couldn't make it work consistently enough. I had the same trouble with an under-draw and fingers. For really accurate shooting with those Technical marvels you need a release.

I partnered with a guy on an outdoor, unmarked 3-D course. We just stashed targets in the brush on a hillside. No particular distances, or shooting lanes.
He shot barebow compound (like me) and he had the Hi-score for the shoot. He Beat all those Technical marvels with his fingers.
But that's with a longer (PSE) Bow.

Better pics of the new bow with the new digital camera.

Bowtech 101st Airborne
Viper sight
QAD Ultra rest
Octane stabilizer
Gold Tip Ultralight arrows

It's been kind of tricky to get the drop away adjusted for vane clearance but it's dialed in for the moment. It goes back to the shop on Monday to have a set of 70# limbs installed and then it will have to be tuned all over again.

100_0003-2.jpg

100_0004-1.jpg

Im jealous. Those are nice looking Bows gentlemen! :beer:

The Hoyt Tenacity II I have goes bye bye tomorrow! Not sure if I will have my new one by the time Archery season is over.

thudpucker said:
Just won the lottery eh? :)

Nah. It's called being buddies with the local archery shop owner. 2008 holdover for almost half of what it sold for in 2008. :wink:

Jim said:
The Hoyt Tenacity II I have goes bye bye tomorrow! Not sure if I will have my new one by the time Archery season is over.

Jim, what are you getting? I've got a fully loaded Hoyt VTec with a dozen arrows that needs a home. :lol:

Quackrstackr said:
thudpucker said:
Just won the lottery eh? :)

Nah. It's called being buddies with the local archery shop owner. 2008 holdover for almost half of what it sold for in 2008. :wink:

Jim said:

Jim, what are you getting? I've got a fully loaded Hoyt VTec with a dozen arrows that needs a home. :lol:

PSE X-force Dreamseason with the UF Cams that are on the OMEN (new for 2010). 8)

Jim said:
PSE X-force Dreamseason with the UF Cams that are on the OMEN (new for 2010). 8)

Kaaa-ching! :LOL2:

Very nice.

The X-force and Monster bows are what all of the local archery shop groupies have jumped to in the last month or so. Nice bows. The Monster has too many gadgets on it for me, though. I'll be able to pick one of theirs up for about half of what they paid for it in 6 months if I want it. :lol:

The more I shoot this 101st, the more I like it.

I swapped the limbs out for the 70# ones on Friday and this thing hits like a Mack truck now.

400 grain hunting arrow @ 316.7 fps = 89.2 ft/lbs ke.

That's 13 ft/lbs more than the Hoyt I was shooting with a heavier arrow and I thought that I had it good then. My first 40 yard group yesterday put 2 arrows all the way through my bag target and buried them 3/8" past the insert into the maple tree I had it leaning against. :shock:

It's an Arrow Brake Hunter bag target.

!BWYokbQ!mk~$(KGrHgoH-DkEjlLly2R-BK(L-mHpPg~~_12.JPG

https://cgi.ebay.com/Arrow-Brake-Hunter-with-5-Spot-and-Vital_W0QQitemZ390094933586QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20090917?IMSfp=TL090917239008r9642

I'm liking the 101st.

43 yards:

100_0006-1.jpg

On the suggestion of a buddy that shoots tournament archery, I suspended the bag off of the ground. That made a huge difference in arrow penetration. The bag absorbs a whole lot of energy by moving back now. It's about 6" above the ground there though the photo doesn't look like it.

idk what year it is but it says oneil an its limbs are wood look like there off a recurve an the cams are inside
lol
both my arms are stretched out when i pull its like for a person who is 6'4 haha itll have to do till i get a new one

Those bows have been around for a long time. It's hard to give a guess on a year model.

They were the high performance bow at one time.

https://www.oneidaeaglebows.com/

Latest posts