Lowrance hook2 vs elite

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Not sure if I want to buy the hook2 9inch triple shot new from scheels for 400 dollars or if I should find a used elite on Facebook marketplace? I want good side imaging but don’t necessarily wanting to spend more than 4 to 500. Can you see fish easily on the hook2 or just structure?

Over many, many years of fishing, I have upgraded my electronics every so often. Flashers to fish finders to current HD7 unit. Every upgrade made it easier to locate fish and understand my location better. However, none have put more fish in my freezer ! I enjoy there features even though learning them can be a pain for my old brain. Are you spending the money to get a new toy to play or are you expecting to put more fish in your freezer ? Those might be some expensive fillets !!

Is there a reason your 100% going lowrance? Was a lowrance user for years. Maybe I had bad luck but I got tired of them failing before I got two seasons on them. Made a switch to Garmin a couple years ago and so far so good.

Is there a reason your 100% going lowrance? Was a lowrance user for years. Maybe I had bad luck but I got tired of them failing before I got two seasons on them. Made a switch to Garmin a couple years ago and so far so good.
No there is not. I’m looking at hummingbird too. Is their mega si better than garmin?

Over many, many years of fishing, I have upgraded my electronics every so often. Flashers to fish finders to current HD7 unit. Every upgrade made it easier to locate fish and understand my location better. However, none have put more fish in my freezer ! I enjoy there features even though learning them can be a pain for my old brain. Are you spending the money to get a new toy to play or are you expecting to put more fish in your freezer ? Those might be some expensive fillets !!
Thanks for the honest opinion mate. My issue is I don’t get out very often. Twice a month I’d say. I got a 4” striker vivid garmin with di. But that is not worth much in 10’ of water. So that was my first finder. $180. I have been fishing too many times where I drive around and can’t find the fish and then by the time I do find them it’s late. I can find the odd one and catch it tho so I feel like if I could see more area that would help.

No there is not. I’m looking at hummingbird too. Is their mega si better than garmin?
The only experience I have with hummingbird is my buddy has an Helix on his boat and it’s a quality unit. The side imaging is as good as my Garmin UHD echomap, other than that I think Garmin is a bit better. But we all have different opinions, especially when it comes to electronics.

No there is not. It was just side imaging and a 9” screen for $400. Sounds huge don’t it? Unless it’s not very good.

Latest posts