What kind of Fish Finder!!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
clarego said:
bbarbee said:
I tried a Humminbird 570. Wasn't real impressed. Showed fish everywhere under the boat. Screen was covered with fish!!! Couldn't even get a bite. Threw everything in my tackle and live bait. After an hour or so I think it was mistaken. Or I just didn't know what I was do'n...lol

i was getting the same thing last night, anyone know if this is a mistake ready and or whats going on
I also noticed that under 6 ft. of water it doesn't pick up. Screen goes black. Hope this helps. I took mine back!

bbarbee said:
clarego said:
bbarbee said:
I tried a Humminbird 570. Wasn't real impressed. Showed fish everywhere under the boat. Screen was covered with fish!!! Couldn't even get a bite. Threw everything in my tackle and live bait. After an hour or so I think it was mistaken. Or I just didn't know what I was do'n...lol

i was getting the same thing last night, anyone know if this is a mistake ready and or whats going on
I also noticed that under 6 ft. of water it doesn't pick up. Screen goes black. Hope this helps. I took mine back!
stick with the humminbird!! did you splice the transducer wire? if not how did you store the extra wire? you have to fold the exess and coil it then tie it with a zip tie. was your transducer level? did you run the transducer wire near any other electrical wires or battery cables? if so thats a no no! you will pick up electrical noise and it will hinder operation. did you turn on the noise filter? as for all the fish under the boat how high was your sensitivity set? wich beam were you using? 200khz or 83 khz? those are great units for the price and im betting it was operator error causing the problems. remember to use the default settings when you first start out. and one more thing im sure alot of people will agree with, just because you see a ton of fish under the boat does not,i repeat,does not mean you will catch them. remember with dual beam you have coverage equal to your depth your fishing(20ft of water=20ft of bottom coverage,some of those fish were not directly under the boat). p.s. dont use the fish id+.....

I agree with everything you said....I didn't splice the wire. I actually had just enough but it was near other electrical wiring. It more than likely was my error.