What would it take to wire up lights

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CodyPomeroy said:
rusty.hook said:
Below is a good way to hook up your lights. Get a pull pull switch at any marine store. I use 14ga. wire from an auto parts store for all my nav. lights.
Tinned wire is for saltwater use.
NOTE: CLICK ON DIAGRAM TO MAKE PIC BIGGER.
Thank you very much, that is perfect! Would you put the a fuse between the switch and the battery?
Put your fuse on the + line from the battery to the switch. The closer you install it to the battery the better.

I have recently been working on a wiring project on my boat and, through advice received on this forum, I ordered all of my electrical supplies from www.genuinedealz.com I've been very pleased with the quality of what they've sent me and the price is very reasonable. In addition, shipping is free and very fast. I don't see how you can beat it for wiring your boat....just order what you want and it will be on your doorstep in about 3 days. It is better quality than what you will get at auto parts and costs less too.

I run a 12 ga. black/negative and 12 ga. red/positive from troll motor battery to a Central location and to a terminal block. There fore all my nav. lights, GPS, and fish finder wires are close. No more 14' to 16' runs of black and red wires to the back battery, makes things real simple. Now I do run a long wire red/positive to the pull pull switch for the white/anchor light an a black/ negative wire straight to big motor battery.Bilge pump is run off big motor battery with switch on my console.