who makes the best tiller extension for an outboard

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wood_Duck

Reaction score
Who makes a solid tiller extension around 3-5ft? I'm running a Minn Kota right now but I feel like its going to break just turning the motor and barely fits the handle on my Mercury. I havent found any that have consistent good reviews on them and most seem very flimsy.

If your looking for something to just control your hand held trolling motor with I highly recommend a ProKonTroll. https://www.prokontroll.com/prokontroll.html They have more than one model so click on the store icon to see everything they have available. I have the super version ( dad upgraded to a Fortrex foot control ) and it works very well cant hardly fish without it. I've also seen them in the Bass Pro catalog too. If your looking for a heavy duty version for an outboard I've seen some homemade versions out of pvc with a slit cut in the side and some SS hose clamps. They seem to have worked very well and were more rugged than the ones I've seen in most sporting goods stores. I hope this helps.

I made one for my old 9.9 Mercury out of sched 40 pvc and one hose clap and it worked great! You could stand up and steer to help see.

If its any help you could make one out of plastic first and get it to work right then go to a fab shop and have them make it out of aluminum

Latest posts