Wisconsin Deer Hunt

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just had an interesting idea! Ahab, Bassaddict and Fender need to join in this year. What do you think Nick (Novaman)? THAT could be VERY interesting! If Ahab would feel lonely, I could fill a pickle jar with salt water so the aroma would make him feel a bit more at home. I could hang some plastic from the ceiling to make Bass addict happy and the show up day would be FENDER DAY.

HANGEYE said:
I just had an interesting idea! Ahab, Bassaddict and Fender need to join in this year. What do you think Nick (Novaman)? THAT could be VERY interesting! If Ahab would feel lonely, I could fill a pickle jar with salt water so the aroma would make him feel a bit more at home. I could hang some plastic from the fceiling to make Bass addict happy and the show up day would be FENDER DAY.

That's one thing my wife won't let me do. Not that she's against hunting, but she says I have WAY too many expensive hobbies. I get to fish a lot so I'm not going to push my luck. I have been working on it foray couple years though.

I think I've heard more alibis in the short while they've been talking than Carter has "little pills". You boys are missing a hell of a good time, and some beautiful country. Maybe none of them knows what a deer looks like and afraid they still won't know after coming to WI. HaHa!

Yep, I gave BassAddict my wife's hat to wear.

deer_hat.jpg

Ha! Horn's are on backwards... Fender, dude, you're missing out on an excellent time.

Deer camp is about 15% deer and about 80% camaraderie. 5% beer also I suppose, but that' entirely group dependent - some don't drink and that's awesome too. Vega's stole their slogan from every deer camp out there - the only way you'll know about what happened is if you attended. :D

I still laugh at the serial killer comments from the wife. My wife said the same things when I started going to IL for archery deer when I met up with a great bunch of guys on another forum. We still meet up every year for a week and just giver' hell.

Deer camp is good mojo.

ETA - Doug, you up for archery? My Black Widow recurve would be like a kindred spirit in that camp - if that's not a step in time, I don't know what is... beautiful, beautiful country you have there.

wihil said:
Ha! Horn's are on backwards... Fender, dude, you're missing out on an excellent time.

Deer camp is about 15% deer and about 80% camaraderie. 5% beer also I suppose, but that' entirely group dependent - some don't drink and that's awesome too. Vega's stole their slogan from every deer camp out there - the only way you'll know about what happened is if you attended. :D

I still laugh at the serial killer comments from the wife. My wife said the same things when I started going to IL for archery deer when I met up with a great bunch of guys on another forum. We still meet up every year for a week and just giver' hell.

Deer camp is good mojo.

ETA - Doug, you up for archery? My Black Widow recurve would be like a kindred spirit in that camp - if that's not a step in time, I don't know what is... beautiful, beautiful country you have there.

wihil, As far as Archery goes I think you could find a lot of locations that would look pretty good. I would not be able to partake in the archery portion of the hunt due to 4 shoulder surgerys. However, small game is open at that time and I have an arsenal suited for all those little critters that make the mistake of letting me draw a bead on them. I could do my stomping around in the brush miles away from your location so as not to disturb your hunt. If I feel lazy and don't feel like walking around in the woods, I can go fishing as well. (or work on the wifes honeydo list) If this sounds interesting, let me know.

I see you're from the Fox Valley. Where are you located?

Hunting is always interesting! Doesn't matter what's going on, if you see anything or not - just being in nature and creating memories with those that are there is the real joy. Then someone does something silly like actually get something and then the work starts.. :roll: :lol:

The reason I bring up archery is for a couple reasons - first, it's near and dear to me as it was the only way I could get into hunting when I started (no one in the fam but myself hunts, and I couldn't buy a gun at that age), second the season's so long I have the ability to share it with as many wonderful folks as I can - I've made wonderful friends over the years with hunting, and it's hard to share those moments with everyone. Gun hunting here (WI) is a "family" experience, and I was blessed to be invited into a family that's not my own to have that luxury. I would be lying if I didn't say I felt obligated to go, but in helping with the farm, putting up additions, and being invited to "family" birthdays/holidays has pretty much sealed the deal on that end if you know what I mean. I'm a guest, but they always treat me as more, which is awesome. That's one of the reasons why I think you're willingness to share that experience with others on the forum is also awesome.

Small game is a hoot - love a good squirrel chowder and stuffed grouse! Maybe get a bunch of guys together for SG in lew of archery if that's a better fit. If I had a x-bow I'd loan it to you, we got one for "pop" last year as he's getting sore in the shoulders too. I think he just likes to head to the blind and snooze in the easy chair we stashed out for him - get's him away from the barn/grandkids for a while.

I'm in Oshkosh - usually fish the Fox/LBDM/Bago (if the weather's behaving), though I'm starting to learn the Wolf and recently discovered the harbor over at Sheboygen. That last one won't end well for me at all - #-o

Chris

Bad news, Good news. First the bad news, NOVA MAN (Nick) will not be able to join in this years hunt due to a financial drain on his budget. The good news, the budget has been thinned to bring a new member to his family. I don't have a picture, can't copy-paste from the e-mail, but say hello to Sadie, A very fine looking future field champion. Now he has more ears to scratch besides his own. I hope you will enjoy your new companion as much as she will enjoy you.

Congrats Nova Man!!! I got a buddy that hunted Wisconsin this last week. I sure would like to do it myself but it's just to far for me. Hope you guys get ya big'un!!!

Thanks guys, I finally slid my way thru sending pics from my phone to my email so I could get you a pic of Sadie.

Attachments

• IMG_20130619_145147_689 (640x360) (640x360).jpg
    IMG_20130619_145147_689 (640x360) (640x360).jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 966
  • IMG_20131025_120727_322 (640x360).jpg
    IMG_20131025_120727_322 (640x360).jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 966