Your ONE favorite rod that you own TODAY?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My favorite rod is the rod I have not been able to use yet. The Veritas, 7-3 MH, is my lightest and most balanced (with the stx) I have held so far. I can't wait to break it in

bearsphan3.14 said:
My favorite rod is the rod I have not been able to use yet. The Veritas, 7-3 MH, is my lightest and most balanced (with the stx) I have held so far. I can't wait to break it in

you're going to love that rod...

I'd love to say that my new Loomis GLX is my favorite rod, but since I've only used it twice I think that's premature, but it will be soon. My current favorite is a Kistler Argon 7' mh worm rod paired with a Shimano Curado E7 reel.

mine would be a 6'6" allstar medium heavy with abu garcia 5600 gold. caught my best bag of fish on it in a tourny. or my old zebco 33 combo i got on my 10th birthday. still got the rod to this day

Custom St. Croix SCV 6'9" ML/XF with Fuji Ti/SiC micros and a CI4 2500.

04.jpg

Majorpede said:
Well My favorite is also the nicest I have ever owned.

Abu Garcia 7'0 M Vendetta, with Revo STX. I have had it for all most a year now, and just figured out that it had centrifugal brake's too. Took it off the standard 3, and put it on 2, and was simply amazed at the casting difference. And I thought I was all ready getting it way out there.

Exactly the same set up for me!

For me its a custom made fiberglass rod. My dad had it made for me when I was about 9 Ive had it since. It was stolen once and I found it it in a second hand store. I picked it up and walked out with it the guy said where you going with that rod and I said its mine not yours I showed him my name that was clear coated over and walked out he didnt say anything else. Now it sits in my rod rack and I take it out every once and awhile to remember my dad and the fishing fun we used to have.

davehopper8 said:
For me its a custom made fiberglass rod. My dad had it made for me when I was about 9 Ive had it since. It was stolen once and I found it it in a second hand store. I picked it up and walked out with it the guy said where you going with that rod and I said its mine not yours I showed him my name that was clear coated over and walked out he didnt say anything else. Now it sits in my rod rack and I take it out every once and awhile to remember my dad and the fishing fun we used to have.

This is a good story. Like! :LOL2:

6 ft 6 in abu veritas. I have it paired with the curado 200 E7 and I love it!! Lots of st. croix's on here. I've always wanted one of those. Also, does anybody else feel that the abu garcia rods are stiffer than a typical rod? I feel like my medium veritas is similiar to a medium heavy in most rods. who knows

my favorite is my
BPS 6'6" mh extreme with a bionic reeel on it, it is my least expensive setup but yet it casts the best for me. i like the way it feels in my hand, just more comfortable than the johnny morris gold w/ carrotstix; and the pro qualifier w/ mojo bass. I just wish it wasnt so heavy.