Your ONE favorite rod that you own TODAY?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
poolie said:
I'd love to say that my new Loomis GLX is my favorite rod, but since I've only used it twice I think that's premature, but it will be soon. My current favorite is a Kistler Argon 7' mh worm rod paired with a Shimano Curado E7 reel.

Update: Only took a couple months, but the Loomis GLX BCR803 rod has become my favorite. I have it paired with a Curado 50e reel and the two together are awesome.

Now if I could just afford another one.

abu garcia revo sx w/ bps Tourney Special 7ft ...berkely vanish transitions 17lb test line . . .can't beat it

Ya know. Tuesday I got to take my new Quantum Smoke out for a test drive.....

Well I used to think my other reels were good.... BOY WAS I WRONG!!!!

HOLY SMOKE!!!! WHAT A REEL!!!
=D>

I dont have a favorite rod! but this is my setups...3 berkley bionics 6ft mh with 2500 shimano stradics, 1 berkley bionics 6.6ft m with a 2500 shimano stradic, 1 berkley series one 6ft mh with 3000 shimano stradic and 1 berkley bionics 6.6 M with a curado. All my rods are used almost the same amount of time when out on the lake so i dont have a favorite!

20110503183031.jpg

20110503183238.jpg

I would have to say my almost 30 year old Daiwa Jupiter 1230A... it just casts like a dream. I've got it paired up with a Zebco Delta (respooled with 12lb Berkley Line)

St. Croix Avid AC68MXF casting rod. I really like the St. Croix Avid line, and have quite a few of them, but the 68MXF is the most versatile rod I've picked up. Ignoring heavy baits, it will throw almost any bait at an acceptable, if not ideal level. I think St. Croix considers it a topwater rod, but it excels with really light soft plastics, works as a Senko rod in a pinch, doesn't mind lighter jigs, and makes a dang good jerkbait rod to (I actually like it better for jerkbaits than I do the 66MF, which is St. Croix's jerkbait rod).

Currently have an Abu Garcia Revo STX on it, and the combo does an excellent job, but I don't quite like the pairing. I'm still playing with reels for that rod. Had a Viento on it for years, and I liked the feel of it (as far as shape, and how it fit my hand) slightly better, but that reel has bitten the dust, and I'm not buying another. The STX does a far better job of casting weightless finesse worms and the likes, anyway. I couldn't be more pleased with the function of the pairing, as far as castability and such, but I want a reel that seems to 'fit' the rod better.

Got couple of team diawa poles from a auction brand new. Payd 45 for one thats 130 at basspro and 35 for one that's got a 90 dollar price tag. Never believed in paying that much for a pole but after using them id pay retail anyway the difference is unbelievable from the Walmart junk I'm used to buying

abu garcia veritas 7' medium heavy with a shimano curado 7.0:1 !!!!!!!!! i absolutely love this combo, and the sensitivity of the rod is great :lol:

I am loving my Powell Endurance 7'1" ML X-Fast spinner for soft plastics and smaller frogs

Has an action that is almost as good as my St. Croix Legend Elite

just finished my new favorite. cbr ISP704 with concept guides, split grip and custom wood reel seat holding a pflueger gx-7

My favorite is my "new to me" baitcasting rod that is my 1st one ever! I'll be practicing as much as possible with it. A craigslist find, it's a 10 year old Falcon FC-6 166 Mark Davis signature 6'6"MH. Came with a Curado 201b that I'll hopefully learn the proper baitcasting technique. :shock: If not then the combo goes back on craigslist, lol...

My favorite is my Pflueger 6'6" President lite action with a President spinning reel, found it at a yard sale brand new for $15.00.

Latest posts