Tracker Seadoo Jet Jon Build

bdeemo

Post by bdeemo »

PSG, I've read somewhere where you recommend egg crate foam for noise reduction. I'm sure that works well, but are you worried of it being flammable at all?

PSG-1

Post by PSG-1 »

Not if you use the right type:
Screen Shot 2015-06-04 at 8.11.23 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ALUMA-JET project:
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopi ... 21&t=22023

Fishing, jet skiing, target shooting, jet-boating, and even a little oyster harvesting with Larry The Cable Guy.
Watch it all right here:

https://www.youtube.com/user/HKPSG1Shooter?feature=mhee

bdeemo

Post by bdeemo »

Chased down another loose end... the woodruff key looks great. Maybe it could be the coil? One spark looks stronger than the other, though both are bright blue.

Heres the key.
IMG_2142.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bdeemo

Post by bdeemo »

IMG_2146.JPG

bdeemo

Post by bdeemo »

image.jpg
What is this plate and why is it covering one of my cylinder holes. I assume it's normal but it doesn't open when i turn it over

Ranchero50

Post by Ranchero50 »

That is your intake timing wheel. It needs to be timed to your crank and rotate when you spin the crank over. If it doesn't, bad poop happened and possibly the gear train is sheared. Your 2 stroke oil lubes the worn gear that drives it.

bdeemo

Post by bdeemo »

Yeah it definitely doesn't budge at all when I turn the PTO

bdeemo

Post by bdeemo »

Ranchero50 wrote:That is your intake timing wheel. It needs to be timed to your crank and rotate when you spin the crank over. If it doesn't, bad poop happened and possibly the gear train is sheared. Your 2 stroke oil lubes the worn gear that drives it.
This ski has an oil pump block off kit installed on it... So I run premix. Is running premix sufficient to lubricate the gear train? Or do you need to leave the oil pump partially hooked up...?

PSG-1

Post by PSG-1 »

If memory serves me correctly, don't those sea doo engines use some kind of rotary valve system that requires oil?
ALUMA-JET project:
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopi ... 21&t=22023

Fishing, jet skiing, target shooting, jet-boating, and even a little oyster harvesting with Larry The Cable Guy.
Watch it all right here:

https://www.youtube.com/user/HKPSG1Shooter?feature=mhee

bdeemo

Post by bdeemo »

Yeah so the guy who did my blockoff kit did it wrong. It fried the gear that runs my timing wheel. I'm stealing the motor from my other ski now, and switching over the oil block off kit. This time I will attach a power steering reservoir to lubricate the bottom end. Instead of running 2 stroke oil in the bottom end I will run GL4 gear oil since I'm just looping it in the oil bath anyway and not burning it.

I shouldn't have problems now, getting this boat running should go fast. I took the motor out of the ski after work today and plan to install it after work tomorrow.

Ranchero, what did you do with your cooling water outlet? I have a bilge fitting I want to run mine to so I can make sure it's getting water and see it spitting out the side of the boat... but im not sure which hose to use. Which hose is the OUT? Is there 2? Theres 2 lines going to the head, and one coming out of the exhaust.

bdeemo

Post by bdeemo »

also need to know which water line to put my jabsco filter in line.

Ranchero50

Post by Ranchero50 »

Personally I'd run the Seadoo oil injection. All of my cooling water drains at the bottom of the hull so I don't have to worry about freezing.

Per the water fittings, download the manual for your ski and use it's diagrams.

brianb2247

Post by brianb2247 »

Id check too see that the timing train oil isnt consumed through the engine some how, not really sure about seadoo but its worth a thought :!:

Ranchero50

Post by Ranchero50 »

It can be but he'd lose it through the crank seals which means he'd need to go into it anyways. Guys will loop the line from front to back once it's filled or plug the front and use the back as a stand pipe with oil in it. Of course Seadoo used several different sized tubing and they tend to leak over time. You have a feed and return to the crank section and a feed to the pump. From the pump you have two tiny hoses to the timing plate cover. I double zip tied mine and it still makes a blue wet spot in the bilge over winter.

bdeemo

Post by bdeemo »

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD THIS THING IS FAST..................................

Finally got it out on the water for a real test. How was the day? Freaking awesome! ABSOLUTELY NO CAVITATION. This thing shreds through peoples wakes and 1ft of chop without missing a beat. We had 3 people in the boat and I think we were doing close to 40!!!!! It felt like twice as fast as the boat used to go at 25mph. Holy smokes this thing is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

I used that other engine from the donor ski, and Ranchero, That's how the guy before me had the oil blockoff kit installed, but the guy I bought it from didn't know ANYTHING about it.. I guess whoever installed it was filling the oil line with oil. I should have researched the blockoff kit because I'm fairly certain I was the one who fried that engine. Now I have both lines looped together with a T fitting for adding oil.

Gosh it feels so good for it to work. best day of my life