10 ft. jon mod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain1175

Reaction score
I know it's small but I will be fishing solo. Need advice, what type of plywood for floor and benches,what size braces. I have a 5hp but plan on getting trolling motor any help would be great. What type coating for bottom, inside of floor ,what type paint just everything this site can think of
IMG00010-20100315-1807.jpgIMG00012-20100315-1807.jpg

I have fished out of a boat just like yours for 3 years, You don't need treated plywood, put some sealer on it, Im talking from Exp. here,

you don't want to raise that floor up any higher than 2+2 , Will make it, Unless you want to spend all your time fighting to stand up!!

My little boat is all electric, I cut the top out of the middle seat, Made a 'cap' for it with plywood, I have two Big Bat. in there, 55lb motor

on the back and 28lb on front, Thing really moves around good!!

Back to the deck, I stand on mine all the time, Alone, wouldn't want to do it with anyone else in there!! My boat is a 10-32 Tracker

if yours is wider(at the bottom) it might not be so "Tippy", Mine was new when I did the Mod. on it, Didn't paint, but there is a lot of

advice on that in here!! Anything I can tell you to help, post it!! :)

I too am redoing a 10 footer. If you're looking for an excelent paint, I used an oil based, industrial tractor paint. It's very durable and very easy to apply. (3 inch smooth roller) 1 quart covered both the interior and exterior. I chose to go with Massey Ferguson Grey. I don't know where you're located but, that type of paint is available at Fleet Farm up here in Wisconsin. When I get home, I'll post the manufacturer.

Hope this helps!

Latest posts