12' Fiberglass Tri-hull Columbian Conversion

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LMBDave said:
SkagBass said:
Hi Dave,

Nice build! - good to see another Washingtonian on the site.

If you ever fish the NW portion of the state, drop me a line.
You may also bee interested in a new electric only bass club that started up this year. https://www.pondjumperz.com . The focus is on tournament bass fishing for us lower budget guys. :LOL2:

I live in tacoma area, so the NW lakes and ponds are my expertise! I'm gonna check out the club for sure, sounds like its right up my alley. Thanks!

What are your favorite lakes to fish here? if u want to keep that secret i understand, i dont normally like to tell people my honey holes either. But my favorite lakes in my area are American Lake, Lake Louise, Waghop, Chambers Lake, Saint Clair and Ohop.

Dave,

The club will be at Cabelas this weekend for the Captain Day's promotion they are having. If you get a chance swing by and talk to some of the members. I will be there all day Sunday.

I am up north so I fish Whatcom, Skagit and Snohomish county lakes a lot. I have never fished American, I will have to hit you up on some info before the club has our tourney there this year [-o<

SkagBass said:
LMBDave said:
SkagBass said:
Hi Dave,

Nice build! - good to see another Washingtonian on the site.

If you ever fish the NW portion of the state, drop me a line.
You may also bee interested in a new electric only bass club that started up this year. https://www.pondjumperz.com . The focus is on tournament bass fishing for us lower budget guys. :LOL2:

I live in tacoma area, so the NW lakes and ponds are my expertise! I'm gonna check out the club for sure, sounds like its right up my alley. Thanks!

What are your favorite lakes to fish here? if u want to keep that secret i understand, i dont normally like to tell people my honey holes either. But my favorite lakes in my area are American Lake, Lake Louise, Waghop, Chambers Lake, Saint Clair and Ohop.

Dave,

The club will be at Cabelas this weekend for the Captain Day's promotion they are having. If you get a chance swing by and talk to some of the members. I will be there all day Sunday.

I am up north so I fish Whatcom, Skagit and Snohomish county lakes a lot. I have never fished American, I will have to hit you up on some info before the club has our tourney there this year [-o<

We'll see about that, if i join the club then those secrets stay with me, I'd love to win a tourney my first time out. American Lake is my best producer of BIG fish. Check out my fishing pics from last summer, click the link in my signature. Most of those fish were caught out of American. If we go fish together sometime maybe ill let u in on some of the secrets.

:D I see how it is. I understand, but remember, what comes around goes around. Or in this case, what doesn't come around, doesn't go around :LOL2:

Drop me a line if you have questions about the club.

SkagBass said:
:D I see how it is. I understand, but remember, what comes around goes around. Or in this case, what doesn't come around, doesn't go around :LOL2:

Drop me a line if you have questions about the club.

ill tell u the only thing u really need to know about that lake, Craws. Thats the secret weapon. Simple, but they are the only lures that really produce quality fish in that lake. Every once in a while ull get something on a drop shot, but the smallies in american lake primarily eat off the bottom, so crawling a craw is ur best bet.

So i had all my stuff bought and ready to go for my livewell, paid like $35 bucks for all the pvc, fitting, hoses and pump...but then the other day i went to Wholesale sports in Federal Way, and i came accross this kit that made my life way easier...and it was only $32.99! So i went and returned all of that other stuff and bought this:

IMG_0703.jpg

here it is thrown in my "Recycled" Recycle Bin :mrgreen:

IMG_0707.jpg

I think thats gonna work!

Oh yah, for all you bass fishermen out there, i came across an excellent deal on ebay. Everybody needs bluegill colored cranks. got this 5 pack for $13!

IMG_0679.jpg

Here's the link to their ebay store so u can take advantage of all the good deals.

https://stores.ebay.com/Born-To-Fish-LLC?_rdc=1

Here's a link to the bluegill lures

https://cgi.ebay.com/Lot-5-Bluegill-Fishing-Lure-bait-tackle-4-bass-trout-/120648778387?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c173a4293#ht_5025wt_973

Be sure to click the link on the side that says Smallmouth and trout packages...ull find some sick deals in there.

LMBDave said:
So i had all my stuff bought and ready to go for my livewell, paid like $35 bucks for all the pvc, fitting, hoses and pump...but then the other day i went to Wholesale sports in Federal Way, and i came accross this kit that made my life way easier...and it was only $32.99! So i went and returned all of that other stuff and bought this:

IMG_0703.jpg

here it is thrown in my "Recycled" Recycle Bin :mrgreen:

IMG_0707.jpg

I think thats gonna work!

Nice looking live-well kit. I noticed you are using a plastic container as opposed to a cooler. Do you have any concerns about heat during the summer months? Granted we do not get many of the 90+ degree days, but it is a subject that has come up at our club meetings.

yah ive gone back and forth on that issue. I want to use a cooler, but couldnt find any in the right dimensions, i decided that ill use this container for now until i can figure out a better solution. On hot days i will refill it with fresh water once an hour and i will also use ice packs to keep the water cool.

So on sunday i took her out for her maiden voyage...other than the rain, it was a total SUCCESS!!! She's real stable in the water, all the electrical worked properly, the livewell worked perfectly, and we caught a few fish! Just little dink rainbows, but i was still stoked!

IMG_0716.jpg

IMG_0713.jpg

Finally got a trailer for my boat! Its manufacture date is 1961! she's an oldie but a good. Got the trailer with a really nice 12' Aluminum Smokercraft for a pretty good deal. Smokercraft is up for sale if anybody in my area is interested. $400 to TB member.

Here's my boat on the trailer

IMG_0767.jpg

IMG_0769.jpg

Here's the smokercraft that came with the trailer

IMG_0755.jpg

First bass caught on my boat

March 31st, 2011
Trout Lake, Edgewood Wa

3lb 8oz

IMG_9107.jpg

Second Bass caught on my boat

April 2nd, 2011
Chamber Lake, Lacey Wa

3lb 2oz

Elijah32lbLMB.jpg

Watch the video!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXfD13jnZGA

Awesome looking rig, I lived Federal Way for a year. I really enjoyed all the small public lakes that were around there. Keep up the good work on your builds.

pepperrocks said:
Awesome looking rig, I lived Federal Way for a year. I really enjoyed all the small public lakes that were around there. Keep up the good work on your builds.

Thank u man, i built this little pond jumper specifically for all those small holes around the PNW

Painted the trailer, now she doesnt look like she was made in the 60's...even though she was. Also installed new wheels bearings, bearing buddies, new wiring and new lights.

IMG_0801.jpg

Really like what you did. I have a Livvy like the one in the background, but it's only 10' (actually 9'6") and a bit too small. Getting ready to sell it, but I wish I would've seen what you did so I could have at least enjoyed her a little more than I did and created more space when I got it three years ago. I will miss the stability of it though. Just picked myself up a 12' Hewes Craft to mod. You ever come over to the dry side of the state?

Latest posts