• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toTinBoats.net and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

14-16 foot jon boat ( for 13 year old)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjbassinboy

Reaction score
Im only 13, but im huge into bass fishing. Im sick of fishing out of canoe, and have been looking into getting a jon boat. If anyone has a modded 14-16 foot boat, send me a message please!

cjbassinboy said:
Im only 13, but im huge into bass fishing. Im sick of fishing out of canoe, and have been looking into getting a jon boat. If anyone has a modded 14-16 foot boat, send me a message please!

Hi I have a 14' Sears John boat. All my boats are antique and have been brought up to serviceable condition. This one I named the" GHOST ". I do all the work and welding to make sure if one of my kids want to take one out I can sleep at night. $250.00 and will take canoe in on trade if needed. This is in High Springs Florida

Attachments

• DSCF3055.jpg
    DSCF3055.jpg
    713.4 KB · Views: 1,482
Capt Rhan said:
Hi I have a 14' Sears John boat. All my boats are antique and have been brought up to serviceable condition. This one I named the" GHOST ". I do all the work and welding to make sure if one of my kids want to take one out I can sleep at night. $250.00 and will take canoe in on trade if needed. This is in High Springs Florida

Awesome! - That will fish forever!
:beer:

Jdholmes said:
As easy or as difficult as your ability allows.
x2 It would be easier than a modified V which has no straight lines :lol: . My dad owned a boat like this one so I used it a bit growing up. It is great to get you on the water and is more stable than a canoe. It looks like a 1436 (guessing) and there are some mods others have done. Basically a piece of carpeted plywood (cut to fit the floor) and a seat are all you need for comfortable fishing. It's small enough that a small trolling motor can push it around with ease. The only issue I had with it was it was lightweight, so if you moved, the boat would move under you, similar to a canoe. But if you put a battery, troller and plywood floor, that would likely not happen to you. Mine was barebones aluminum. It was so light, I could load and launch it without getting the trailer wet.

I'd highly recommend it as a good fishing boat for one or 2 people.

Well my ability isnt really the best, but my grandfather( who has been around boats his whole 62 years, and works as a handy man) would want to help with the project. I was kind of looking for a 1448 though, because i do fish some larger lakes.