14' Semi V sea nymph

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow thats awsome.... how is the stability with the 14r now? did you lose any stiffness from removing the benches? Want to due mine :D
Do you have your build pictures available to email? I have the same boat and would like to mod it this winter. How much weight did you add to the boat could you port it over a dam like I do in canada? Can you tell I 'm excited for you

bucktaker said:
Wow thats awsome.... how is the stability with the 14r now? did you lose any stiffness from removing the benches? Want to due mine :D
Do you have your build pictures available to email? I have the same boat and would like to mod it this winter. How much weight did you add to the boat could you port it over a dam like I do in canada? Can you tell I 'm excited for you

Yeah.... I sent ya a pm.

As for the stability, its good.... just don't stand on the gunwhales. I didn't loose any stiffness cuz the long storage box's provide more attachment than stock.

biggun1979 said:
MAN YOU DONE A GREAT JOB IM PROUD FOR YOU
:D

Troutman3000 said:
Looks GReat--Um kay....

Thanks guys.... I have been too busy fishing it to finish her. Tonight I'll be working on it trying to finish up.

Only thing I don't like so far about it is the trolling motor is a Pain in the arse to operate. My next boat will have the remote style, or just the simple hand operated one.

Nice job. I like the semi-v. They are very stable. I will fall in before mine tips over and me and my bro-in-law both stand in it.

stew6371 said:
Nice job. I like the semi-v. They are very stable. I will fall in before mine tips over and me and my bro-in-law both stand in it.

Thanks, I am going to get her finished and then probably put her up for sale....... always wanting bigger, and better... :lol:

JRHOADES20 said:
Love this build.. Great job

Thanks, I just looked at the boat you got to start with. I'm sure your going to love it.

perchin said:
stew6371 said:

Thanks, I am going to get her finished and then probably put her up for sale....... always wanting bigger, and better... :lol:

I understand completely. I would love to have a 17 or 18 ft bass boat. Even if I do get Blessed to have one, I will still keep my lil 14fter. Too many ponds and small lakes around and it is cheap fishing.

Great story. I'm just learnin. Got a boat similar to your's and tryin to figure out what I am going to do. Am I correct that this boat has no foam in it?

Larry

hey perchin thats a nice setup. Any idea on the total cost of your build? Is there anything you would do different? Would you feel that it is structurally sound enough to take out of Muskegon or Grand Haven? It looks like everything is tied together nice and stiff. I may have to copy your build.

Crankworm said:
hey perchin thats a nice setup. Any idea on the total cost of your build? Is there anything you would do different? Would you feel that it is structurally sound enough to take out of Muskegon or Grand Haven? It looks like everything is tied together nice and stiff. I may have to copy your build.

I've been asked this a lot of times now..... I guess I'll finally dare to add it all up and post what I spent on it for ya guys. :lol:

If I could do anything different now on this boat I would of used a thinner gauge aluminum for the floors and decks. 1/4" is way overkill and just added weight that I don't need.

Myself.... I wouldn't use this boat in the Muskegon or Grand Haven.... if your indeed talking lake MI. :?

Well here goes.....

Boat 250.00
Trailer 25.00
Light kit for Trailer (LED) 40.00
Motor 50.00
Motor repairs 150.00
Trolling Motor 75.00
Battery 60.00
Seats off CL 30.00
Seat Bases 26.00
Seat Posts 22.00
Cooler 20.00
600GPH Bilge 13.00
800GPH Thru-hull pump 43.00
PVC & Fittings approx. 8.00
Boat Hatches (2) 40.00
Boat Light kit 15.00
Carpet 70.00
Carpet Glue 13.00
Self Etching Primer 17.00
Paint 32.00
Aluminum approx. 300.00

TOTAL------------ 1,299 :shock: :?

New user here. I have a 1976 14' sea nymph with a mercury 110 9.8 HP motor. It is really cool because the boat, trailer and motor is all original 1976. I believe it was sold as a package deal.

I am sharing the boat with my father-in-law. He grew up fishing on this boat and he wants it left pretty much alone so my mods will have to be removeable/portable. I believe it is excatly like yours except it maybe wider at the transom.

I have many uses in mind for the boat. I want to use it to get me to public duck blinds on the eastern flyway, hunt ducks from it, get me to backwater deer hunting locations and for fishing and general boat rides with the kids and in-laws.

Do you think 1/4" aluminum platforms would be to much weight with the seats left in?

Did you use aluminum rivets for everything, or stainless steel rivets or screws?

I plan on starting my own thread tonight when I get home from work with pictures.

i would like to know if you used 2 in box tube to frame everything in and where did you put your batt also the channel in the bottom of the boat look to be part of a communications data rack if so i have tons of them and they are 1/4 alunimum i have a 1956 cadillac i am going to do some conversions and like your ideas thanks.

Its been a while since I have worked on the boat...... I'm going to be cleaning out the garage again this weekend and pulling the boat in to finish her up. \:D/

jewettb........ pm sent

Kurtnjohnsboat..... You should be fine using the 1/4" in your boat....tis what I used. I used all aluminum rivets for my build.

Your modification is awesome man. =D> I am going to do something very similar to this. Where did you buy your aluminum decking at?? And I am still debating on wheather i should use aluminum angle for support or 2X2's i would appreciate your help.

Worwa09 said:
Your modification is awesome man. =D> I am going to do something very similar to this. Where did you buy your aluminum decking at?? And I am still debating on wheather i should use aluminum angle for support or 2X2's i would appreciate your help.

Thanks man... I got my decking from the local scrap yard for scrap price. Between using the angle and 2x2's, it just depends on your budget, how long you want it to last (properly sealed wood will last for many years) and how important the weight savings of the aluminum is to you.

nice boat i love it i have a 1968 14 foot sea nymph that im modifing im new to the site and when i figure out how to start a topic forum i will post some pics throughout my project