16 ft Smokercraft

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fishingmich- you are more than welcome. I love your ideas! I may try the. Battery box idea also! I try to use any space that might be closed in or wasted for storage. I have so many little access doors on my build. Lol. I hate being without something. I guess that's the military side of me. I wanna have all the equipment for any situation that could arise. Lol. You never know when you could be fishing and the zombie apocalypse could kick off. :) I always pack heat no matter where I go. :O

fishingmich said:
Battery bx storage under the rear bench and support for the fat man's seat. Thanks utahbass for the batery box storage idea. Can't wait to see yours once they're installed.

Hey Jim, do you take your Alumacraft on LSC? Right now I've got a 14 ft Starcraft and I wouldn't even think about going on LSC with mine. Do you have a build on here?

It's the only place I take it, so far. Wind is always a factor in the formula There are plenty of launches around the lake, especially Anchor Bay that you would be more then safe, and have a excellent day of fishing. :wink:

Yes on my boat mod, the link is https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=23426

Well worth the drive Fishinmich, I`ll pass that along to my fishing bud, LOL. You have a great fishin partner there, nothing but awsome memories your both gonna get. My son is 10 as well, we ( my 11 yr old daughter as well) try to go as often as we can. He caught some nice fish the the last 2 yrs but sometimes he starts to get bored if not at least catching something. Always bring worms! Here are a few pics, the pike which another fishin bud is hold for him while i took the pic really got him going, he was 8 at the time.
We try to take at least 1 trip up to fletchers pond every summer, my fishing buddies and i load up all the kids and usually 3 boats and go. Keep us posted on your progress, I have a build myself that i havent got going for a few reasons, but possibly this spring .

Attachments

• boat 003.jpg
    boat 003.jpg
    327.5 KB · Views: 898
A few more

Attachments

• boat 001.jpg
    boat 001.jpg
    306.4 KB · Views: 898
  • boat 004.jpg
    boat 004.jpg
    596.2 KB · Views: 898
Wow, are you upset with me? I posted a few pics of my son on your thread to show the common bond we have as parents to our children, since both being the same age and both liking the same things. I see how proud you are of your son as you should be and i have that special feeling too. It wasn`t meant to be a comparision in any way at all, like oh yea, well look at mine my son compared to yours, thats the last thing that crossed my mind.
Your son is a very accomplished fisherman/sportsman at 10 yrs old. Maybe I`m taking your post wrongly but it just seemed like you slammed my son for " not feeling like it that day" it suppose to be a LOL momoment. Take care.

Ultra, I was not slammin your son in that post. All I was saying is that my son is always ready to go fishing, no matter what. I'm the last person to ever slam anyones kid. At least he was out on the water with you instead of playing video games. I hate those **** things! I liked all the pics you posted, especially with the kids. I don't go anywhere without at least one of my kids with me, and my daughter is 17! Apparently I'm not as big of a dork as I thought! LOL!

I completely apologize to you and your son fishinmich!! I `m the one( idiot) who took it the wrong way. I think you and your first mate are fantastatic, many people only wish they have the bond you do. Keep us posted on your boat progress as we look forward to it. :oops: Sorry again for my miss understanding.

Haven't had much to post lately with the "awesome" weather we've been having in Michigan. But it's the little victories I'm looking for. Got the outer transom board cut an my buddy got it urethaned for my. Lucky for me he was bored. And an added custom touch.

Attachments

• IMG_20120304_175254[1].jpg
    IMG_20120304_175254[1].jpg
    524.2 KB · Views: 819
  • IMG_20120304_175244[1].jpg
    IMG_20120304_175244[1].jpg
    484.8 KB · Views: 819
Finally got a chance to get out today even though we probably should have been working on the new boat. Of couurse, isn't this is the whole reason why we are all on this site building the boats that we are?

Attachments

• IMG_20120320_192042[1].jpg
    IMG_20120320_192042[1].jpg
    820.1 KB · Views: 775
We were crappie fishing in a canal when he caught this, and boy, was he fired up! I've never even caught a dogfish before! God I love that kid!

Great pic!!! You can't help but get a smile on your face when you see a young man having a blast with his dad. Bet he had a great fight with that one. :D

He sure did Rog! He caought that on a mediume light spinning rod and he was all wound up. The weather turned here in Michigan and has gotten back to normal, so it's a little chilly to do a lot to the boat. I wanted to get the outside painted and we got started, but this is about as far as we got. I need to finish scraping the registration numbers and stickers off and hen we'll be ready to paint the other side. Got about half of the port side done. And then the trip to Daytona with my daughter's softball team came. We don't see signs like this here in Michigan! I hate Florida!

Attachments

• IMG_20120402_145346[1].jpg
    IMG_20120402_145346[1].jpg
    275.8 KB · Views: 725
  • IMG_20120403_135738[1].jpg
    IMG_20120403_135738[1].jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 725
  • IMG_20120321_194038[1].jpg
    IMG_20120321_194038[1].jpg
    593.7 KB · Views: 725
Can we say guided fishing trip! 6 lbs was the biggest.

Attachments

• IMG_20120330_095831[1].jpg
    IMG_20120330_095831[1].jpg
    274.6 KB · Views: 725
  • IMG_20120330_090131[1].jpg
    IMG_20120330_090131[1].jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 725
UtahBassKicker said:
Looks like you had a very successful trip! I cant imagine living with reptiles that could eat you, no thanks! :D

Funny... that was the last day my wife ever went fishing with me. We were in a small john, private lake, and a king snake fell into the boat at her feet. I must say that little john was quite stable to tolerate her coming to join me on my seat. I flipped him overboard and she settled down... until she saw the cottonmouth swimming about 50 yards away. That was when the day ended. :)

Latest posts