1969 StarCraft OFFSHORE V

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whi0217

Reaction score
So I've recently been spending quite a bit of time in Florida. Everyone down there has really cool center console bay boats and fishing boats. I wanted one really bad, but they are insanely expensive. My father-in-law just so happened to have this StarCraft behind the garage. I took a few chances and I definitely spent more than I wanted to, but this is what I came up with. The 115ProXS was by far the biggest "roll of the dice". I may not have looked in the right place, but I couldn't find anyone that has put one on a boat like this. It's a little heavy, but the performance is definitely worth it.PXL_20220619_144039874.MP.jpgPXL_20220619_144017689.MP.jpgPXL_20240911_212226599.jpgPXL_20240911_212729681.jpgPXL_20240917_184123470.jpg

If what you show, is truly a dual console tin boat converted to be a center console, that was one of my first builds … many, many years ago.

IMG_8483.jpeg

Lund ‘double-hulled’ Tyee 18’, she was a fast 45 MPH+ rig …

If what you show, is truly a dual console tin boat converted to be a center console, that was one of my first builds … many, many years ago.

View attachment 123341

Lund ‘double-hulled’ Tyee 18’, she was a fast 45 MPH+ rig …
That looks like a fun boat. This was my first boat project and I can't wait to do another one. I know a guy that has a 73 rotting away in his back yard just begging for some love.

That's a beautiful makeover for sure! What kind of number are you getting on her?
Best I've done is 49mph with 2 guys in the boat. I think the motor needs dropped a notch. It would probably do better with a different prop as well, but the one I have was given to me, so it'll do for now. Fuel economy is fantastic and I'm not much of a speed demon anyway.

So I've recently been spending quite a bit of time in Florida. Everyone down there has really cool center console bay boats and fishing boats. I wanted one really bad, but they are insanely expensive. My father-in-law just so happened to have this StarCraft behind the garage. I took a few chances and I definitely spent more than I wanted to, but this is what I came up with. The 115ProXS was by far the biggest "roll of the dice". I may not have looked in the right place, but I couldn't find anyone that has put one on a boat like this. It's a little heavy, but the performance is definitely worth it.View attachment 123327View attachment 123328View attachment 123326View attachment 123329View attachment 123325

I love the look of your finished rig. I take it that T-top is aluminum, not stainless? Looks like a really nice setup! Maybe a trolling motor, depending on what you do with it?

I love the look of your finished rig. I take it that T-top is aluminum, not stainless? Looks like a really nice setup! Maybe a trolling motor, depending on what you do with it?
Thanks for the compliment. The T-top is aluminum and made by Dolphin. Seems to be made well, but we'll see how it holds up as it was one of the cheaper options out there. She's pretty much a sunset and sandbar boat right now. I've never been much of a fisherman, but I would like to be some day. A trolling motor and some shallow water anchors would be awesome. Although, I'm a little concerned about addingore weight to the rear.

Best I've done is 49mph with 2 guys in the boat. I think the motor needs dropped a notch. It would probably do better with a different prop as well, but the one I have was given to me, so it'll do for now. Fuel economy is fantastic and I'm not much of a speed demon anyway.
Why drop it a notch? Is the prop blowing out? If not I'd leave things as they are. But it's your boat, and you've done a fine job so far. Who gifted you that engine? Nice gift.

Latest posts