1973 13' Valco rework

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsohg76

Reaction score
I picked up this boat about 2 years ago from a friend. Took it Kokanee trolling and bass fishing the last two years and its been great boat. Lately I got the Urge to rework it some. Add a front deck, mid deck, livewell, front pedestal seat, bowmount and some serious TLC to it.
IMAG0027.jpg
IMAG0029.jpg
IMAG0028.jpg
IMAG0060.jpg
Last pic was right after pressure wash starting to piece it back together soon. The motor for it is a 1978 johnson 9.9 runs like a dream. It was a longshaft just got done making it a short just for this boat. the bowmount is all set, now to wait for the funds to start painting and adding wood.

Nice looking hull...............great lines. Good luck on your build. I'm in the middle of my build also without a huge budget. I've found some good deals on eBay for a few things. Framed with wood instead of aluminum. Here's alink if you'd like to see what I've dome so far.

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=22710

Maybe Santa can bring some stuff for the modification. =D>

Keep us posted with your progress.

Today get to: recaulk seams
caulk rivets
spray primer
put motor back together
Oddly enough im really excited

Ok have to get some new pictures up. But status so far.

1. Primered cleaned and 2 coats of rattlecan rustoleum on it.
2. cleaned up the aluminum cuts on middle seat.
3. Cut new transom. and it looks good.
4. next step for me sanding and sealing the transom pieces up before i start fixing them back into boat permanently.

Very excited the boat is really starting to look good. Though i am finding out i have little to no real woodworking skill.

Transom in and coated in 5 coats of spar varnish. Bolted in with stainless steel screws. messed up on one cut but filled with marine goop. Very stable. 3 coats of rustoleum gloss metal enamel over sanded, cleaned and aluminum primed self etching primer. middle seat cut out bottom rear ready for truck bed liner were the gas tank and batteries sit. outside wont be painted this year. next step probably the seats and finishing the motor. (just got to cut the bar for the shifter down and hook it back in) after seats done ill start working on decking the middle. I've got to have this ready for next years fishing (3 months to go).

Attachments

• 110.jpg
    110.jpg
    739.4 KB · Views: 899
  • 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    706 KB · Views: 899
  • 112.jpg
    112.jpg
    744.8 KB · Views: 899