1979 15ft Fisher Marine Flat Bottom

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ITGuy

Reaction score
Picked her up the other day. Gonna start doing a few things to her. The boat is in pretty good shape with the exceptions of some dings and dents. The boat is 15 ft long, 40-42 inch floor Can't get an exact do to the panels), and 58" beam. The decking is ok, it is wood with aluminum over it so it is in ok shape for a bit longer. It looks like it may have been re carpeted or re decked before. There are tons of screws that are rusted out, so I have begun by replacing these with stainless steel ones. It has a 25HP Johnson on it and that is the highest it is rated for. I will need a motor under 10HP as well for a lot of the places very close around here. The mods and additions will be slow, but will try and post pics of things.

Tires are in like new condition. Came with trailer and a 1979 Johnson 25 HP which runs but needs a new impeller. It has two pedestal seats (great condition, bench seat, two batteries, a Minn Kota bow trolling motor, two batteries, gas tank, two anchors with winches (one on bow one on stern), Eagle fish finder, live well, new spare tire, removable running lights, and one pdf cushion. I picked it up for $850 and think I did OK for what it is.

Let me know what you guys think. Haven't decided what to name her or if I am going to painter her.

Attachments

• DSC00052.jpg
    DSC00052.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3,366
  • DSC00059.jpg
    DSC00059.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3,365
  • DSC00057.jpg
    DSC00057.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 3,364
  • DSC00056.jpg
    DSC00056.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3,365
  • DSC00055.jpg
    DSC00055.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3,363
  • DSC00053.jpg
    DSC00053.jpg
  • DSC00054.jpg
    DSC00054.jpg
  • DSC00062.jpg
    DSC00062.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3,364
  • DSC00066.jpg
    DSC00066.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3,362
  • DSC00058.jpg
    DSC00058.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3,364
Woooo Hoooo!!!! Just picked up a 1983 Evinrude 9.9 that is electric start for $75 to add as a kicker for the places with restrictions. I think it's actually a 15HP according to the model number. It runs. But needs a bit of work. The choke knob is missing, the idle / slow connector is disconnected inside, might need a new impeller, and the carb. may need cleaned up. But, IT RUNS!!! Plus it is electric start so I'm happy. Just have to figure how to set this up now. Plus try to find the missing parts.

Took the 1983 Evinrude 9.9 to the shop and found out it's actually a 15HP, it just has a 9.9 lid on it. Since it is electric start I may just use this to replace my 25HP if I can set it up with remote steering. I think the 15HP will be plenty strong enough for what I will be doing. This way I could sell the 1978 25HP Johnson and recoup a good amount of cost that I have in the boat. My 15HP is getting checked over for spark and compression and a new impeller, and possible rebuilt carb if it needs it.

Nice looking boat you got there. Nasty little mess in the front but other than that she looks good.It should'nt be too hard to iron that out.

That 15 will push that boat ok, you won't break any speed records but it will get you there. I personally prefer speed, just take a look at my 8hp suzuki on my 10ft gruman jonboat lol...

nice looking boat. i have the same boat im building. i have a 1969 evinrude 25 hp and everyone has told me that a 25 on this boat will go pretty fast something like 30 to 35 mph. check out my build

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=18642

If you want to save a BUNDLE of cash.....Home Depot online has MARINE TOPCOAT PAINT 2 Qts for $29.00

Grey24.jpg

Grey9.jpg

Grey7.jpg

Don't forget to prep properly !

Your boat looks very similar to mine! I think they might be related!!

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13365&hilit=+followed

Nice boat man, I'd say you got a hell of a deal for $850. I see it has TN tags, wish I would have seen that one #-o

Ictalurus, you didn't miss it in TN. It actually came from the St. Louis area. They just use have it at their sons place on KY Lake. I thought I did OK.

ITGuy said:
Ictalurus, you didn't miss it in TN. It actually came from the St. Louis area. They just use have it at their sons place on KY Lake. I thought I did OK.

I think you did great! I check CL on a regular basis just to see what's out there and that is a deal. That boat would most likely list for $1,500 - $2,200 around Memphis, IMHO.

Yea, I figured that's what it would normally go for around here as well. I had cash in hand and I was the first to look at the boat. Was an older guy getting rid of too many things. He almost wouldn't go that low. But He figured his time was worth just taking the offer and be done with it.

Back to square one. Was going to get rid of the 25hp and just go down to the smaller 15hp I picked up, but converting it to remote drive will cost more than I want to spend. I guess I will have a 25hp on there and a 15hp kicker motor.

I just took her out today for the first time. I didn't find any leaks. It was a little tippy but, I am a big guy, weighing in around 275. But, it's not too bad. Just have to be careful if I step right on the edge.

I still need to re wire the whole boat. Navigational lights, Bilge pump, livewell aerator, and the front trolling motor all not working. I've tried checking some of the wiring but think it will be easier and better in the long run just to re wire most things. The wiring looks like a rats nest in places.

Latest posts