1980 16' Sea Nymph Traveler-Rebirth of Tin 2

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the final pictures come up and you're already selling it? :shock: What about on the water pics?!

Just kidding... looks really good nussy. Looks really spacious and fishing-friendly. I especially like that rod locker design.

Bravo =D> =D> =D> =D>

Here what it took to do it. Just over 100 hours total.

6-Dec Bought Boat
10-Dec Tear apart 4
11-Dec Tear Apart 4
17-Dec Motor work 2
18-Dec Motor work 2
27-Dec Transom Cut varnish 2
27-Dec Bondo 2
31-Dec Trailer Sanding 8
1-Jan Trailer Sanding 5
2-Jan Transom Install 8
3-Jan Trailer Priming 2
4-Jan Trailer Painting 2
3-Jan Trailer Re-Assembly 1
3-Jan Steelflex 6
11-Jan Floatation 1
17-Jan Wood 3
29-Jan Grinding/Steering Wheel 5
30-Jan Grinding& Floor braces 5
6-Feb Rear Floor & compartments 4
7-Feb Front Deck, Carpet, console 5
13-Feb Side Panels, Steering Wheel, front hatches 4
14-Feb Motor 2
14-Mar Wood, Carpet, Install 16
15-Mar Hatches, wood and carpet 6
17-Mar Hinges, cleaning, misc, etc 4
Total Hours 103

Great job - clean lines are a huge plus when buying and selling a boat. I don't know how much it's worth but I think around here it might be about 2k-2,500. Just a guesstimate, and actually now that I think about the motor size, maybe 3k. The market is tough right now. But rest assured someone is going to get one awesome boat.

That's a good job on the record keeping!

According to my wife, the amount of time I spend working on my boat is - "ALL"!

Around here you could get $3000 easy. I would list it for $5000 and settle for $4500. I would also slap some decals on that Green trim to break it up a little also.

If you paid yourself $20 hour you have about $3495 in this rig. Put a scrap book of the build together in a 3 ring binder to show the prospects and I bet you can get $4500 out of her. Emphasize it's "custom Built". :mrgreen:

Handiman, I think my wife is in the same boat as yours!!!

I was thinking about some decals too...maybe caller the "Bass Assassin"

Thanks guys, for all your help and input!!!! I couldn't have done it without this site.

First $2500 cash takes it. Then on to the next build.

Nussy said:
Handiman, I think my wife is in the same boat as yours!!!

I was thinking about some decals too...maybe caller the "Bass Assassin"

Thanks guys, for all your help and input!!!! I couldn't have done it without this site.

First $2500 cash takes it. Then on to the next build.

I don't think you'll have any problem selling it in a hurry for that price. Well worth it IMO.. tis the season

devilmutt said:
Saw your boat listed on CL, can you tell me what the towing weight would be of the package?

Honestly I don't know. It's pretty light however. I can easily pick up the tongue of the trailer and move it around. If I had to guess(and that's all it would be), I would say around 900-1100.

electrocow said:
hey buddy, did you ever sell your boat?

Yep, sold it last week for $2250 and sold the anchormate that came with it for $55. Guess that equals about $8/hr :)

You've got that right Troutman. Getting paid for a hobby you love doing... is a bonus!!!

The funny thing is I posted it on Craiglist and had a guy email me to see I was willing to remodel his boat for him. Hmmm, maybe a little side business.

Nussy said:
You've got that right Troutman. Getting paid for a hobby you love doing... is a bonus!!!

The funny thing is I posted it on Craiglist and had a guy email me to see I was willing to remodel his boat for him. Hmmm, maybe a little side business.

That would be great. Then you can charge him for materials and labor. Take a deposit and you have the boat for collateral as well.

I think now you have a pretty good understanding of what each project is going to cost and you could levy a fee that you believe is fair. I would love to be able to do this as a side hobby/business. I learned so much on the first one that I could become way more efficient the next time.

The hinges for the front compartments came with the boat. The hinges for rear deck I got a local store called Fleet Farm. They also have them at Menards.

jasper60103 said:
Hey, Nussy.

How's the fishing?
Did you ever find a new boat?

Nope, Sold both project I did last winter and I've been watching craigslist for the next deal I can work on. In regards to the fishing, I haven't been out much but the walleyes on the the bay of GB have been good. Perch has been horrible, hopefully that turns around.