1991 Alumacraft Crappie Jon

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Decided to strip the boat down a little while it was sunny (had snow flurries and cold). As you can see, it's stripped down to the floor and you can see the styrofoam peeking out from under the walls and floor. The factory didn't do a very good job fitting the foam (sorry Alumacraft) and some of it is wet so I think it's all gotta go. The floor will come up no problem but the side walls are riveted through the hull at the top. I think I will be able to remove the lower rivets and "peel" the side back enough to remove and replace the side foam so that's the plan. I think I will open up the bilge area of the floor a little and put a small pump in. I know I said this was a restoration but I can't help myself. I have a few small updates to make it work a little better for the new owner. No work on the boat this week as I am on a buisness trip (but I will get to go to a BassPro Shop!!).

BoatStrippedFronttoAft_zpsdfb7a856.jpg

BoatStrippedAfttoFront_zps40dfa7b8.jpg

FoamLeftSideAft_zps44d110f9.jpg

FoamRightSideAft_zpsb4e9ea10.jpg

BilgeArea_zps508f1e39.jpg

I need some advice. Should I put a new FF w/GPS and a new trolling motor on a tin that i'm going to sell? Should I pre-wire for one or both? Should I leave it to the new owner to select their own? When you buy a new boat most of the equipment comes with so i'm asking for some help. This boat will be "like new" so i'm kinda torn. BTW, went to Bass Pro and bought nothing!

Depends on how quick you plan to sell it after your done.
If your gonna use it until someone buys it , I would throw myself a FF on it.

A TM is always a plus when buying a boat.
It's hard to say if your going to make more money by adding the extras then you'll spend on them.

Took advantage of some beutiful weather to work on the tin today (and the wife also had plans for me so I didn't get as much done as I wanted). Removed all of the floor and found that the foam was water logged so it was all removed. The floor had quite a few Popped rivets so I may upsize the rivets when I put the floor back in. Cleaned up the tin and did the water test. Filled the boat with water (does anybody else see the irony in doing that) and found zero leaks. Drained the boat and now the inside demo is complete. You can see the small repairs that are needed on the back of the livewell, i'll see if I can get those fixed. Next step is flip it and inspect the bottom. I'm getting there slowly but i'm getting there.

PICT0078_zpseffbf458.jpg

PICT0079_zps1d7a54b4.jpg

PICT0080_zps2bbcac05.jpg

PICT0081_zps5c06af69.jpg

PICT0082_zpsc450b60f.jpg

PICT0083_zpsc18ac21c.jpg

Just curious if the OP ever finished this and if so were there any pics available. I am currently doing the same year make and model and am at the point where the floor is out. Would like to see a finished photo if possible. Maybe he will check in and let me know. Thx in advance.

I’m working on the same boat it looks like.

Attachments

• 133EF4D0-EB4C-4D3C-802E-20DC8AB3528E.png
    133EF4D0-EB4C-4D3C-802E-20DC8AB3528E.png
    278.1 KB · Views: 1,643
I’m going to repaint the outboard. It runs great but looking a little rough. 1985 Mariner 9.9. I live around several 10hp max lakes.

Attachments

• 65CA162C-8740-4E57-AFEE-5ED283E0D210.jpeg
    65CA162C-8740-4E57-AFEE-5ED283E0D210.jpeg
    59.9 KB · Views: 1,642

Latest posts