2008 TinBoats.net Christmas Giveaway

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Specknreds said:
HHHMMMM I wonder what would happen to one of "JD Baits" frogs if I tossed in front of a tailing redfish???? :-k

Having reds hit on soft plastics isn't unheard of, here is an excerpt from a FLW article where a pro actually uses frogs:

"Grass also absorbs heat from the sun. Frequently, redfish hide near the bottom in thick grass, waiting for crabs, shrimp or other tidbits to flow past them. With dangling treble hooks, most hard baits snag easily, although a good angler can time the descent to allow a bait to barely tickle grass tips. To sink deeper into grass, shift to soft plastics rigged Texas-style.

“We’ve had success with Stanley Ribbit Frogs,” said Anthony Randazzo, FLW Redfish Series pro angler and guide with Paradise Plus Guide Service in Venice, La. “We weight the hook to get the lure to sink slowly beneath the surface. It has incredible tail action; both legs kick up a storm, and it puts off Stanley Ribbit Frogvibration when it moves. When it stops, it just sits there as beautiful as can be.”

Anglers can also use unweighted Texas-rigged soft plastics for tempting tailing fish feeding upon crabs, shrimp or other prey around grass. Slow sinkers, they stay on the surface when retrieved swiftly. With hooks inserted into plastic, they run through most vegetation. When anglers spot redfish, they throw in front of them. A few feet in front of the fish, stop the retrieve to allow these baits to suspend or slowly sink."

The rest of the article can be read here https://www.flwoutdoors.com/article.cfm?id=145196 and if ya do catch a red on a frog be sure to send pictures!! Im pretty sure there will be a few free bags in it for ya

Received a parcel in the mail today.
The young fella went flying down the hall with a package of something :)

Thanks again.

Got my crank last week. That thing is purdy! I think I will be afraid to throw it around cover, or anywhere besides 300 feet of open water where it can't get snagged. :shock: :shock: :D

Thanks buddy!

BassAddict said:
Specknreds said:
HHHMMMM I wonder what would happen to one of "JD Baits" frogs if I tossed in front of a tailing redfish???? :-k

Having reds hit on soft plastics isn't unheard of, here is an excerpt from a FLW article where a pro actually uses frogs:

"Grass also absorbs heat from the sun. Frequently, redfish hide near the bottom in thick grass, waiting for crabs, shrimp or other tidbits to flow past them. With dangling treble hooks, most hard baits snag easily, although a good angler can time the descent to allow a bait to barely tickle grass tips. To sink deeper into grass, shift to soft plastics rigged Texas-style.

“We’ve had success with Stanley Ribbit Frogs,” said Anthony Randazzo, FLW Redfish Series pro angler and guide with Paradise Plus Guide Service in Venice, La. “We weight the hook to get the lure to sink slowly beneath the surface. It has incredible tail action; both legs kick up a storm, and it puts off Stanley Ribbit Frogvibration when it moves. When it stops, it just sits there as beautiful as can be.”

Anglers can also use unweighted Texas-rigged soft plastics for tempting tailing fish feeding upon crabs, shrimp or other prey around grass. Slow sinkers, they stay on the surface when retrieved swiftly. With hooks inserted into plastic, they run through most vegetation. When anglers spot redfish, they throw in front of them. A few feet in front of the fish, stop the retrieve to allow these baits to suspend or slowly sink."

The rest of the article can be read here https://www.flwoutdoors.com/article.cfm?id=145196 and if ya do catch a red on a frog be sure to send pictures!! Im pretty sure there will be a few free bags in it for ya

Thanks, They are already in my tackle bag. Now I need a day off and these cold fronts to let up.

Just got my package in the mail, Thanks Jim! These things look sweet, Can't wait to use them! :beer:

UPDATE! :shock:

If you live in Boonville Indiana and Fargo North Dakota I found your packages under my couch today...Don't ask, I don't know how this happened. These will go out Monday!

I still have 4 more packages to go out too. I keep on forgetting to get bigger mailing envelopes. I will get them out this week.

Jim said:
UPDATE! :shock:

If you live in Boonville Indiana and Fargo North Dakota I found your packages under my couch today...Don't ask, I don't know how this happened. These will go out Monday!

I still have 4 more packages to go out too. I keep on forgetting to get bigger mailing envelopes. I will get them out this week.

Fargo, wasn't that a movie :lol:

fargo2.jpg

Jim, got my package a couple days ago. Thanks a lot.

And yes guys, Fargo is a movie. And yes, a lot of people up here talk like that. Mostly in rural areas, but some in Fargo do as well. Pretty funny when you actually live here and can hear the accent.

Status
Not open for further replies.