2013 Aluma Gator 2060 - new schtuff

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah it does sound good, the local guys will cut it out before too long.I don't go to that access much fishing is way better upstream.
Reverse on jet boats suck period

bulldog,
Congrats on the new boat, looks very nice and I love the way you did the flooring. I don't think I would ever have carpet again after getting away from it.

AT does make some better reverse kits, the HTR II and the SDR, but I think they are way over $350.00. Not sure if you have the trim feature, to shoot the pretty rooster tails, but I think only the stock reverse cap can be used with that.

Just so SPACECOWBOY knows, my jet boat has amazing reverse. It has great slow speed maneuverability and I can make crazy fast emergency stops. I run a Hamilton HJ212 pump behind a 5.7l in a 21' boat. However, I can't run near as fast as the ATSD309 pump. Can only get about 45mph.

Love the color choice too!! That is a beautiful boat =D>

Just so SPACECOWBOY knows, my jet boat has amazing reverse. It has great slow speed maneuverability and I can make crazy fast emergency stops. I run a Hamilton HJ212 pump behind a 5.7l in a 21' boat. However, I can't run near as fast as the ATSD309 pump. Can only get about 45mph.

Yeah mine stops in the length of the boat going 25 or under but from a dead stop its pretty weak.Going to get one of these soon https://www.wooldridgeboats.com/blog/post/another-wooldridge-breakthrough-invention

So there has been an odd high pitched whine/squeal coming from my motor from 3000 to 3450 rpms. It seems to be coming from the bottom of the back of the motor near the pump and it has been making the sound since the first time we took it out so I did not think anything of it. I called Randy and he said to bring it in because that is not right. I dropped the boat off today and he is going to fix whatever the problem is. I hope to have the boat back ASAP as there are plenty of smallies to catch. He said it was probably something to do with the pump. Hopefully it is an easy fix and not a big deal. Still a little worried. I does suck to have a brand new boat and not actually have it in my possession.

Those boats are absolutely bad ***.

I posted a video on here a long time ago from a guy that used to frequent a forum I mod. Same type setup only his was a big block and a prop boat for running in soup mud as well. It would run right at 70 mph in stuff that looked like near solid ground. :shock:

So the squeal is not coming from the pump it is coming from the intake manifold. Randy at Gator pulled the pump apart and all is normal. He ordered a new intake manifold and it will be in tomorrow. Hopefully it stops. It does not effect anything performance wise, just my sanity. I hate squeals, taps, squeaks, things banging, or any other annoying sounds. I'm hoping it will fix the issue.

On another note, I have been debating on posting this huge mistake because I am embarrassed but if it saves one of you guys from going through the pain and embarrassment then it is worth it.

If your boat has a motor cover that also acts as a fishing deck, make sure you latch it down before you drive 70 mph on the highway. I forgot to and the darn thing flew open and smashed some stuff. It ripped my speaker covers off, broke my trim cable, put 4 nice holes/scratches in my paint and put and enormous dent in the motor cover. I pulled over to the side of the road and almost got sick. I don't remember the last time I felt so disappointed in myself.

Needless to say, I got a new trim cable put on, ordered new speaker covers and beat the dent out and you can hardly tell it was even there. If you didnt know it happened, you'd never know. I'm going to wait until Winter to get the paint fixed or just throw a wrap on it like already planned.

Brand new boat, not any more. I swear I could mess up an anvil in a sandbox.

Its OK my boats has a dent already ,there are 2 kinds of jets boats ones that have dents and ones that are going to get them.When I picked up my boat Kevin said don't forget to lock motor cover he has seen it happen if not for him saying that I wouldn't have remembered to.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=319632#p319632 said:
SPACECOWBOY » 38 minutes ago[/url]"]Its OK my boats has a dent already ,there are 2 kinds of jets boats ones that have dents and ones that are going to get them.When I picked up my boat Kevin said don't forget to lock motor cover he has seen it happen if not for him saying that I wouldn't have remembered to.

When I first got my boat from the guys at Gator they said to lock the motor cover down probably 3 times. They made sure I was listening and made sure I heard them. It happens to the best and worst of us. Expensive lesson learned.

Is the cover hinged? If so, why don't they just hinge it so that the wind would keep it blown shut?

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=319645#p319645 said:
Quackrstackr » Today, 10:27[/url]"]Is the cover hinged? If so, why don't they just hinge it so that the wind would keep it blown shut?

The hinges are on the back. If they put the hinges on the front of the deck nthere is no way you could get to the motor when you are on the water. I think the design is great as long as you dont have a brain fart and not latch it closed.

Gator Boats is just down the road from my house a few miles. Randy is good people and builds one heck of a boat. i would love to have one but the wife says no. so ill jsut have to put more motor on mine next year. the 100HP just aint gonna cut it for much longer.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=319959#p319959 said:
lukeD » Today, 08:14[/url]"]Gator Boats is just down the road from my house a few miles. Randy is good people and builds one heck of a boat. i would love to have one but the wife says no. so ill jsut have to put more motor on mine next year. the 100HP just aint gonna cut it for much longer.

You have an 1856 Alweld right? If it's the JC jet you better just go have Troutt slap a 250 pro XS on the back and be done with it. :LOL2:

I have a stress crack in the front deck of the boat just in front of the rod locker. I'm not sure what to say at this point. The boat has 14 hours on it and I have done nothing out of the ordinary and only run the Missouri, Mississippi, Big, and Meramec rivers. No big lakes or anything like that. No huge waves at speed or anything that would cause an obvious jolt to the structure of the boat. The rod locker is an option that I chose to have added and the hull is under warranty so we'll see how this pans out.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    896.3 KB · Views: 1,682
Nice looking boat but isn't kind of a novice move to hing the cover in the rear?

Per the stress crank, how is that corner tied into the rest of the boat? Is it supported underneath or just floating?

Ranchero50 said:
Nice looking boat but isn't kind of a novice move to hing the cover in the rear?

Per the stress crank, how is that corner tied into the rest of the boat? Is it supported underneath or just floating?
You make some pretty rude posts man. Does it make you feel better to be an internet bully?