25 1/2' Fishtoon build

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Extremely cool build. I asked one of my big bass fishing buddies why no one runs a 'toon and he said it's because they are so high off the water. Looks like a great and stable craft that you should get years of enjoyment out of.

Awesome! You've inspired me to bust out the tube bender on my build. Nice clean work.

Killer work Bmac! Those toon's have a lot of versatility,
and you have just taken that one to a whole new level.
I wish more toon manufacturers were watching this forum.
Very well done. Jerry =D>

Thanks Guys,

Jerry your right about the versatility. They are just big boy erector sets,with infinite layouts and add-ons.

My goal with this one was first to build a true fishtoon that would last many yrs. I don't bass fish,so being high off the water works for me. I'm still out there fishing long after the bassboats head for cover. The only thing I miss being low is washing my hands off in the water. The washdown pump takes care of that now. I don't lip fish,so I still bring them in the same. Swing the smaller ones in,or net the big ones.

The biggest issue I've heard about toon fishing is how bad they catch wind. This one drifts slower than most boats I've been around,with just one 60" sock out. Drifts .3-.5 with 10-15 mph winds. The I-pilot easily holds it in position in rough water,and you can walk around fishing off all sides when in anchor mode. It jumps on plain in about 50',and stays there down to 13-14 mph. It'll run high 30's-mid 40's depending on load with just a 150,and is the smoothest ride I've ever been on a rough lake with. Not a speed demon,but I can drink a cup of coffee running wide open in 2'-3' chop. :mrgreen:

Downsides, it pulls harder down the road and it doesn't turn quite as sharp as I had hoped. Have to trim the bow down a touch,and back out of the throttle some to turn it hard.

All and all I'm pretty happy with it. Had two Bluewaves before this one,and I wouldn't trade this toon for either of them. Have already had several guys wanting me to build them one. When I turned them down,one offered me a crazy amount of cash for this one. Nah, I think I'll keep it. #-o

Another update showing some of the business side of a true fishtoon. It's been a fun season so far,even with the late start. Fishes great whether I'm drifting,hovering,or slow trolling. Next spring I'll put together a video of a chaotic Wiper run,with around 12 rods screaming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-FVb8E9QKc