50hp merk

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2007NNBS

Reaction score
i went and looked at a good running 50hp merk today the guy wants 300 for it...the only question is will it be to much for my 16ft fisher marine decked out? i know the transom will hold it...it is made of 2by wood and i wraped the transom with 1/4" aluminum

Is it a newer one or older?The older ones don't weigh as much as th newer ones.If its one of the older ones I think you'd be OK as long as your transom is good & is braced in the corners.

yeah it a 1971 model

there is my transom

IMG_2921.jpg

I have a 50 Yamaha on my 16' Smokercraft Lodge and was a hand full with a prop but after I put the jetpump on it I missed the speed.
40mph down to 25mph

Attachments

• 50 Yami.JPG
    50 Yami.JPG
    100 KB · Views: 510
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 510
I'm not sure how tall your transom is but make sure the motor fits the transom as far as length goes.(short shaft-long)The cavitation plate should be even or close to the bottom of boat.
Be careful & hang on.

My boat is 81" wide and it was fine on with a light chop. your boat is more likey rated for 25 max and could get you in trouble fast if you open it up with the 50 on it. But with that said if that boat had a 50 jet it would be a Sweet river sled

Latest posts