77 duracraft 16ft

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok went to Home Depot and came across this stuff. $14 and change for a quart and they have primer to go along with it to so aluminum. It's uv protected and I don't think I'll have a problem with it. The color of the inside of the boat is going to be a sand beige and the outside is a lighter blue and if I can get green I will mix it to make aqua blue.

image.jpg

I talked to the guy at Home Depot and asked about non skid paint for aluminum well they really didn't have any paint like that but and additive to put in the paint to make it non skid.

image.jpg

I think this stuff will work if I put it in the paint. Let me know what you guys think.

I was considering that route at one time except I was going to use a fine sand and sprinkle it on fresh paint then paint over it again but I found the Eco-tread.

Well I haven't done much this week do to the boat being at the shop but I did do some shopping. I ordered my livewell 800gph and my bilge pump 600gph. Also ordered my livewell tank and a led flush mount tank light for night fishing and I got a flush mount courtesy light with a switch built in. Spent about $100 on it all. The boat should be out of the shop by Tuesday or Wednesday.

Ok well the boat is done at the shop haven't picked it up but these are the pics the guy sent me. I think it turned out really good. I'm pleased with his work.

image.jpg
image.jpg

I'll post some more pictures when I get it.

Here are the pictures of the new transom. Guy did a water leak test before I pick it up and it passed. The new aluminum is way thicker then the old stuff supper strong and will outlast me!! Very impressed with the guys work.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 820
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 820
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 820
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 820
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 820
Main land welding. He charged $550 to do the work. Great guy to deal with great on price and his quality of work is awesome!! I'll wil probably be using him again soon.

https://www.mainlandwelding.com

Well I have done quite a bit of work since last post. I ended up ripping the front deck out do to it not being pressure treated wood and my dad fell through a hatch. I didn't like it from the day I bought it but it's gone now. Well the floor and carpet I get that was in good shape so it will stay like that for now. Crab season is coming up so getting ready for it. I took it out the other day for the first time and what better way then to run out the inlet and come right back in. Ran good rode smooth and handled awesome!!! Well I got the rear seat done as well. Sting as heck!!!! I ended up doing solid rivets through the whole process and what a breeze that was. Way easier then SS bolts and 5200. No leaks and it's solid. Also got the whitch panel back in and bilge pump in as well. So I will post some picture to ohhhh and ahhhhh over. The front part of the deck will get replaced in a later date then the bottom of the boat as well. Don't have much time right now and it works with no leaks so I'm using it. Hope you enjoy the pictures!! I'll post new ones of it now just don't have it on my phone now

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 719
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 719
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 719
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 719
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 719
That's looking great dude. That new transom is mint. I wish I was about to do some crabbing.

Ok I have some pictures of it painted
image.jpg
image.jpg

I made a tarp rib system so when it rains the cover wouldn't hold water. It's worked so far and simple and cheap way to do it. Hope it helps anyone out looking for ideas. It's 3/4 pipe with T fitting cut in half on the top of the T part and it grabs the gunnels and stays on.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 686
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 686