87 bass tracker rebuild

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deadduck29

Reaction score
Alright guys. Im rebuilding my 87 bass tracker pro 16 but I need some suggestions. My plan is to remove the soggy wood floors, soggy foam pieces in the bottom floor, repaint boat to an olive tan color exterior and interior, replace floors with 1/8 in 5052 aluminum. Remove all carpet and replace with either tough coat or rhino lining. And then put a lowe console in. I've already got 90% of the tear down down however I've run into a problem with the side panels in the bottom floor area of the boat. They don't seam to want to go back into place. Im gonna replace them with me aluminum as well. Also how hard is it to remove the rear floor panel where the fuel tank so I can replace that foam as well. Any comments or suggestions are helping and I've used some other builds for ideas on my boat. Thanks!!

Attachments

• 20131006_093009.jpg
    20131006_093009.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 788
  • 20131006_093038.jpg
    20131006_093038.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 788
that whole back section sucks pretty hard to get out, but if you start from the front of it, and work your way back drilling out the rivets as you go, it'll all eventually come out. I'm working on doing pretty much the same thing with mine right now, center console and all.

Latest posts