Al Lindner

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
water bouy said:
He likes to sermonize at the end of his show for sure. I'd rather hear him talk about tackle or just about anything else. I guess the eight years I spent in parochial school had the reverse effect.

The thing that gets me about his religious beliefs is:

Matthew 6:24
King James Bible
No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon(money).

He sure seems to serve his sponsors.....

So you are saying he shouldn't work New River Rat?....:) That passage is for if you value money over anything else including God. I enjoy his shows and his message at the end sometimes makes me think. I also enjoy Zona, but agree he can get a bit carried away lol, and the MLF shows.

Fire1386 said:
So you are saying he shouldn't work New River Rat?....:) That passage is for if you value money over anything else including God.

Your interpretation. [strike]Everyone[/strike]Some of us reads that different.

Would he still hawk the same wares if he paid full price? If not, and he does it for money, he's serving two masters. "God" don't lie right? But it seems Linder can. I had a day with Kevin Turner in his LoPro and he told me the stories that the In Fisherman crew forced on him while doing an article on his techniques, and he was to "display" their sponsors products. Also, having been a river guide, I know what is expected from the companies. I refused to be pro staff more than once for products I did not use.

That interpretation is straight out of the NIV study Bible from people a lot more knowledgeable than I...:). I agree you should not advertise for something you don’t agree with or use. I can watch most fishing shows and enjoy them. Not big on saltwater, but still enjoy seeing the different species of fish that are out there. Some really bizarre looking ones lol.