Alumacraft 1236 Project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got a brand new Lakes n Rivers 14 foot boat trailer. Got pretty tired of loading it in and out of the truck bed, having to take both motors, battery, gas tank etc. out every time. It was completely set up with a winch, lights and carpeted bunks. It has nice black finish on it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 1,058
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,058
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,058
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,058
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,058
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,058
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    761.3 KB · Views: 1,058
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,058
Added 2" ball to the bumper since I don't have a hitch.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,058
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    719.9 KB · Views: 1,058
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    851.1 KB · Views: 1,058
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,058
Added grip tape so I wouldn't slip well walking down the tongue to winch it up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,059
Ha! I'm jealous. We've got almost the same setup (including red truck with bumper mount 2 inch ball) but you're 16 and I had to wait till I was 30 to get my cool toys. Also you found a motor too! That's awesome.

The boat is looking good. I was considering one of those livewell kits and I think those pictures sealed it for me.

That's cool! Ya the livwell system works really well. Took the boat out for the fourth time today and the motor didn't start... So I had to use the trolling motor:( have to work on the engine.

Just picked up a Attowood trolling motor quick connect cable. What I wanted was to never have to open the battery box up. What this cable does it allows you to connect one end to the battery and the other end out the battery box. Then when you get to the dock just connect the two ends. No opening the box etc. I did have to install a bigger loop to go on the terminal on one end of the connecter along with cutting the wires and re crimping them etc.I didn't want to install a switch panel because it seemed to complicated. I may install one in the future when I get lights and a fish finder.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,006
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,006
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,006
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,006
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    806.4 KB · Views: 1,006
Also polished the prop up with a bench wire brush :LOL2:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,005
One of my biggest issues was whenever I wanted to turn the live well system on I would have to open up the battery box and clip on the alligator clips and so the same to turn the pump off. What I first did was cut off the alligator clips and sautered the old trolling motor clips for the terminals that were replaced by the quick connect cables. Next I installed a roll switch on the wire. This allows me to open the battery box at the beginning on the day and connect the cables and shut the battery box for good. Whenever I want to turn on the live well I simply flip the switch and it turns on. It makes things so much easier. I will be installing a similar quick connect on the live well wires to allow me to never have to open the box to access wires. Because now I have to open the box at the beginning of the day to hook them up then I can use the switch. Not a big deal but I would like a quick connect so I can connect the live well to the battery from outside the box.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,071
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,071
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,071
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,071
Finally got my motor running good mounted it on back and added a lock. Johnson 6hp Seahorse

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,025
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    761.3 KB · Views: 1,025
Found a really good spot for the paddle so it stays out of the way!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,025
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,024
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,024
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,024
Added navigation light to the stern. Waiting on platform in front to add bow light. Wired the light right to the battery with connectors. When you plug the light pole into the base that acts as the switch and turns it on. Trying to keep it as simple *** possible. Used stainless bolts washers and locknuts.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,023
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,023
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,023
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    653.1 KB · Views: 1,023
Adding a middle floor to the boat in between the seats. Using 3/4 inch marine plywood. Cut to fit and then cut notches. There is also two cedar braces underneath the plywood I between the ribs to add support so it dosent bowe. Now I just need to waterproof it(I can't decide what to use) and add marine grade grey carpet.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    775.8 KB · Views: 974
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    684.9 KB · Views: 974
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    669.7 KB · Views: 974
Got a new motor! It's a Evinride 9.9 hp. It has electric start and pull start. It starts every time first pull or push of the button. I just hooked the electric start cables to my trolling motor battery. It gets up on plane and goes fast. I haven't actually measured the speed yet but I'm estimating 10-20 mph. It gets up on plane fast too. It is a huge improvement over the old 6hp seahorse with multiple issues.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,017.2 KB · Views: 974
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    818.3 KB · Views: 974
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    691.3 KB · Views: 974
Great build.
Do you know if nav lights are required on a 12ft boat in Wisconsin? I'm working on a 14' Alumacraft and getting materials together now. I live in SE WI.

From what I know you need a lam around white light in the stern and a red/green light in the bow. I remember from boater saftey and motor boat needs nav lights.