Alumacraft 1236 Project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=360391#p360391 said:
Maxamillion » 33 minutes ago[/url]"]From what I know you need a lam around white light in the stern and a red/green light in the bow. I remember from boater saftey and motor boat needs nav lights.

Yup. Dusk to Dawn. White light has be visible from "x" number of feet. Regs are online, and available at most sporting goods stores.

Wasnt sure if Wisconsin was more restrictive..it is, depending on propulsion type. COLREGS allow a 7m boat with a top speed of less than 7kts (i.e. trolling motor only) to use an all round white light (side lights are optional). Wisconsin regs require side lights for all power driven vessels regardless of speed.

Biggest bass of the year!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    877.7 KB · Views: 931
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    946.5 KB · Views: 931
I was having a tough time loading the boat on the trailer by myself so I wanted to add some sort of guides. I found Smiths 40 inch guide posts for 70 dollars. They work awesome and now all you do is drive the boat I between the poles and it centers it self on the bunks. So much easier then before especially with wind.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 885
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 885
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 885
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 885
Man you're like me. When I decide something is needed for the boat, I buy it. Even if it means eating ramen for a few weeks. Priorities, right? :mrgreen:

The gunmetal grey marine grade carpet came in today! I ordered 15 feet.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 899
This is the seats design I have come up with, I wanted to have a swivel seat without drilling into the top of the seat. It is marine grade 3/4 plywood cut to fit the top of the seat, there are cedar pieces on the sides cut at a 45 angle. What those do is because the metal on the top of the seat is very thin it wouldn't hole a screw, but the metal at the side of the seat where it is thickest will allow a self tapper screw because it is thicker. So I will run a self tapper through the pieces sticking down into the seat. There are also cedar prices under the plywood. What this does is gives me clearance under the plywood so I can bolt the seat swivel through and the nuts will be raised up they don't hit the seat.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 898
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 898
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 898
Waterproofing the plywood floor and cedar braces!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 898
Got the seat base waterproofed with spar urethane

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 870
Got the cross beams cut and dadoed in so they sit flush on the top

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 870
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 870
Got the seat top carpeted, fish finder base screwed in and the light clip poles installed. The whole thing is screwed in with two self tappers into the side of the bench seat to hold it on place.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 826
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 826
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 826
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 826
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 826
Got the deck cut out. I used 3/4 marine plywood that was waterproofed with spar urethane. Added a center hatch. I used marine adhesive and marine carpet from Bassboatseats.com

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 823
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 823
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 823
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 823
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 823
Finished the hatch, marine plywood, waterproofed with spar urethane and marine carpet. Added black hinges and a strap handle.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 764
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 764
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 764
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 764
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 763
Here is a underside shot of the drop in deck. Everything is dadoed in and fits flush

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 763
[url=https://forum.tinboats.net/viewtopic.php?p=366311#p366311 said:
Maxamillion » 15 Sep 2014, 19:04[/url]"]Anyone? Haha

Max? Not a lot to say; you're doing a great, meticulous job, and you're not asking any questions. I imagind the entire Forum is just sitting back in profound admiration. :)

Nice work, bud. The carpet keeps changing color on me. I'd like to hear a water test, seating stability reaction, and a HUGE fish in your next post.

Have fun, be safe.

Thanks for the reply! The carpet is changing because of lighting :D I will get her out on the water soon and give a water test!

Did you ever get out on the water and test that front deck? I have the same boat and plan on doing the same thing, but Im worried about stability. Real clean build by the way!!!