anyone know about seaArk boats

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newboater13

Reaction score
I have the opportunity to get a 2000 zx180 with an 115hp johnson. I would like to be able to fish larger bodies of water ie pickwick lake in tn. Has anyone owned this boat or similar. How the ride would be on an 18ft jon on large lakes with chop in them? I should be able to get it for about 5000 is that a good deal? Thanks guys.

No first hand experience, but comments I've read say they are built like tanks, a bit heavy and durable boats. GL if you get it.

The SeaArk my friend has is a bit smaller, but rides very well even in chop. It does not like 35mph winds and 4-5ft waves! However, I am sure that not many smaller aluminum boats would like those conditions. It is built like a proverbial tank. It is slightly heavy. I am willing to bet that the seating arrangement and size of the ZX180 would give you an even better ride.

I would say that the hull is good to go as long as the previous owner hasn't been aiming for channel markers, other boats, or large rocks. If the motor checks out alright and the trailer is good, I would say that 5000 would be a decent price.

As a side note, a mod V hull should do what you want. I've spent plenty of time on an 1860 Grizzly with a 60 Merc, a 1754 Lowe with a 50 johnson, a 1652 SeaArk with a 40 Tohatsu, and a few others. These all ride much better than a flatbottom. Pickwick can't get worse than Guntersville in winter, so you should be just fine with that SeaArk.

I had a 98' 1548DK. Bought it new and recently sold it to buy and 1860 XV180. There is little comparison between a Seaark and others. I hit a Channel marker at 25mph in the dark and it did little damage. I pains me to look at it, so I'm taking it to Seaark for repair this fall.

Attachments

• XV180-3.JPG
    XV180-3.JPG
    197.1 KB · Views: 1,336
  • XV180-2.JPG
    XV180-2.JPG
    156.1 KB · Views: 1,336
I take it you already know how rough Pickwick can get. Even 21 ft glass boats can pound you to death on that lake. I have been caught twice in sudden 50 mph winds in a 16 ft Lowe alum bass boat and made it back from Yellow Creek to the state ramp at the dam. Frightening trip but as long as you slow down and know what you are doing you should be fine. SeaArks are top of the line aluminum boats and I wouldn't hesitate buying one at that price!!!

SeaArks are a **** fine boat. Just a short while ago finished a total renovation on my 1872CC. You can see the entire build in the link in my sig. When we cut it apart to add storage, we were amazed and how well they're built. I am fully convinced I could take a direct hit from a hand grenade and keep on running. As for the boat you reference, I would have that engine thoroughly checked out or better yet, try to just buy the hull. The engine is basically 14 years old and so is the technology used to build it. Some of the old Johnson engines were dawgs so be careful.
As for the hull, I highly recommend them. I'd also seriously suggest you add trim tabs, they make a WORLD of difference and you can see the Lenco's I added.

Attachments

• battle.jpg
    battle.jpg
    270 KB · Views: 1,249
  • arkogo.jpg
    arkogo.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 1,249

Latest posts