Battery at one end of boat, elec. motor at other - wiring?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The extent of the work they did was:
"empty out water, clean and dry internal parts, replace seals & re-assemble, run in tank for 20 min with no issues".
I spoke with the owner of the shop - this is the same place I bought the boat and motor from, and expressed that my concerns are very legitimate for the fact that water damages electrical parts. She told me that if I have another problem even after it's outside of warranty, that there would be a record of the service they performed and when, and that any issues that stemmed from water damage could still be repaired under warranty at that time. Being less than a year old I still wanted a replacement motor or lower unit, so she made a phone call to Minn Kota. The wait time on the phone for her was longer than the amount of time I had on my lunch break from work. I did hear her call another phone number and leave a message stating the situation. I'm still hoping Minn Kota comes through with a new motor for me, cause I just cannot trust that an electrical motor that has been under water will give me years of lasting performance.

-CN- said:
The extent of the work they did was:
"empty out water, clean and dry internal parts, replace seals & re-assemble, run in tank for 20 min with no issues".
I spoke with the owner of the shop - this is the same place I bought the boat and motor from, and expressed that my concerns are very legitimate for the fact that water damages electrical parts. She told me that if I have another problem even after it's outside of warranty, that there would be a record of the service they performed and when, and that any issues that stemmed from water damage could still be repaired under warranty at that time. Being less than a year old I still wanted a replacement motor or lower unit, so she made a phone call to Minn Kota. The wait time on the phone for her was longer than the amount of time I had on my lunch break from work. I did hear her call another phone number and leave a message stating the situation. I'm still hoping Minn Kota comes through with a new motor for me, cause I just cannot trust that an electrical motor that has been under water will give me years of lasting performance.
Ran the motor for about 15 minutes total on Saturday with no problems. Sunday was very windy and was running regularly, and started acting up again after being on the lake for about an hour. Died completely several times and was on/off/on/off/on/off all the way back to the boat launch. I'm giving it back to the dealer today and telling them I don't want that one back.

Minn Kota had agreed to replace the motor if the same problem ever re-occurred.
I took it back to the dealer and they were happy to get on the phone and get a new one ordered at no charge for me.
I called them back later and asked if they'd allow me to upgrade if I paid the retail difference. That wasn't a problem for them either, so I am trading in my Endura C2 55 for an Endura Max 55. Has battery indicator, digital battery life maximizer, and infinitely variable speed control.

Latest posts