Biggest Bass?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishinsMyLife

Reaction score
I don't think this has been a topic here before, but I could be wrong. What is the biggest bass you have caught? What did you catch it on? Smallmouth and Largemouth if you have caught em both. Show pictures if you have them
My biggest smallmouth weighed around a pound and a half and was caught in NC on a 1/16 ounce Panther Martin. No picture

My biggest largemouth weighed 7lbs 12oz (had a head like a 9 or 10 pounder) and was caught on a Mann's Super Frog.
7lbs12oz.jpg

My largest LM was just over 5lbs. I caught it when I was 12, and in the past 10 years I still havent topped it. I don't even have a picture of it anymore, but I sure do remember it. I caught it on a t-rigged ring worm. My catching consistency has increased significantly, but I just can't find the bigguns. Here are my biggest smallies of the year, I didnt weigh or measure them but they were both 20"+
Caught on a chartreuse and which strike king pure poison.
7-1-07sm.jpg

Caught on a berkley beast on a spot remover.
skukesm.jpg

I caught this kentucky back afew years ago and it weighed in at around 11.6 pounds. Too bad I didn't realize what it was at the time because it would have been a world record! I don't feel too bad though,the guy that skinned the fish out didn't realize it either until it was too late! Bummer huh?? :roll: I caught it on a Tequilla shad colored Culprit 7.5 inch worm.

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    763.5 KB · Views: 1,025
my biggest small mouth was caught this year im cant remember what i caught it on. it was either live bait (shinner or sucker) or a rapale husky jerk( 5 1/2"baby bass pattern). im leaning on the live bait but for some reason im thinking rapala. one or the other thats all i can say. 40yrs old and my mind is slipping already!

Attachments

• hog smallie.jpg
    hog smallie.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 1,008
I have never caught a spotted bass, very nice fish Kentuckybassman. Very nice fish to all for that matter. I have been trying very hard for a largie over 5lbs, just hasnt happened.

My biggest was around 7-8 pounds. No scale, no camera :oops: .

But I did have 2 witnesses. I was fishing 6 pound test and a 7 inch berkley power power worm tequila sunrise. It took me about 15 minutes to get her in. I honestly thought I snagged a log. It was a big ole beat up bass with scars all over it. I will never forget it.

Largest LM 10lbs my lake when I was younger. Largest Peacock 12lbs my lake when I was younger. Don't have pics of either sadly. Can't recall what the LM was caught on, the Peacock was caught on a giant 1ft long snake worm.

John

RearFanged said:
Largest LM 10lbs my lake when I was younger. Largest Peacock 12lbs my lake when I was younger. Don't have pics of either sadly. Can't recall what the LM was caught on, the Peacock was caught on a giant 1ft long snake worm.

John

Sweet! South Florida? Where do you peacock bass fish? I heard those are crazy fighters!

RearFanged said:

John

I've never seen a Peacock Bass so I looked it up. According to that Wikipedia site they don't hit plastic worms. Guess you should go there and correct it. Prolly not too many of them in Northern Illinois.

Not my biggest, my biggest has no picture :( Sorry for the grainny pic, it was a cell phone camera.

4.3 lbs. Caught on White Senko

Attachments

• Bass.JPG
    Bass.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 447
Leibs - I have that lost picture. He caught this monster bass while trolling a light blue teddy bear

Here is the lure:
Steiff_Blue_Birth_Mohair_Teddy_1905_28cm_8999.jpg

And the big bass:

5guys_006.jpg

You have to watch Leibs while fishing - he likes to get sexual with the fish:

Note the date on the photo - two months until bass time here in PA
5guys_002.jpg

You know its longer then two months, that was the only Bass caught that day. And the only reason it was caught is CAUSE IM NASTY!!!!!

Latest posts