Boat Seat Cleaner?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monzster

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
YOUTUBE
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJFyieuyma55o5iA4x2Cqmg and
Do yall clean your boat seats or just use them not matter what they look like. I know were just fishing but mine are about 5 years old and have what Im going to guess is mildew on them. It doesnt bother me but the wife is a different story. If you do clean them what do you use. They are vinyl. Thanks!

Spray Nine works well, of even dish soap and a splash of bleach to remove mildew.
I pretty much treat my boat seats the same as most patio furniture when it comes to cleaning.
They key is to not let the mildew get too out of hand.

I have an old can of D&L hand cleaner from years back. Used it for cleaning vinyl roofs on old cars. Has lanoline in it and makes the vinyl very soft and keeps it from cracking. Also removes grease, blood stains etc. It now comes with a different name but same stuff, you might do a search and find the new name. Great stuff, been using it for over 40 years.

On our pleasure boats, a bowrider and now a pontoon, I used a cleaner followed by 303 protectant. I never had a mold mildew issue, but kept them well ventilated. Be careful with any bleach product, in general, not good for the stitching.

Dek magic for cleaning and 303 to help protect them. I was given a small bottle of dek magic when I boat my xpress for the sea deck. It works great on the seats too. Kind of pricey but a little goes a long way

Spray with Kaboom, scrub with a finger nail brush (to get into the details), rinse with clear water and a soft rag.

I do this 2or 3 times a year, and my pontoon and boat seats look like new, takes about an hour. I bought the pontoon used and it took about 3 hours to recover the seats from neglect.

Nautical One is the best mildew stain remover I've ever used, and I've used a bunch over the years. It's even better than bleach and Purple Power if the mildew is deep in the vinyl

What works really well on vinyl seats is GOOP hand cleaner with lanolin, if not mildewed. As stated above, it nourishes the vinyl and makes it soft and supple.

Worst case, I have had to use this:
1718225990788.png

It works very well, as long as you clean very carefully before applying.

Latest posts