Broke out the swimbaits

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slim357

Reaction score
I hadn't planned on fishing today after hearing it was suppose to rain all day, go figure it didn't rain all day. I started the day, fishing what will soon be grass matts, throwing a bio baits tube (from the free sample) and picked up two quick fish on it, then nothing for a bit. I switched and started throwing a spinnerbait, but after a few casts I got tired of rippin the grass off it. The next bait I went to was a 4inch basstrix, and I gotta say I see why ever company out there started knockin them off, I pulled in 3 or 4 mostly around 2 pounds, nothing great but still fun. I got tired of rippin my basstrix on little fish so I then tied on a spro bbz shad, first fish to hit it was the dink of the day probably about 8inches long, after that I pulled in 3 or 4 more and called it a day.
spro.jpg

^samefish
spro2.jpg

basstrix.jpg

Good job! I have yet to try any hard, or soft swimbaits. I have an old gravel pit that is all sand near my house with crystal clear water. I hear they work wonders in clear water since they look so real. Also, i dont think the fish out there have seen them, they are very lightly fished.

Latest posts